Help mounting this scope!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
OK after breaking a few scopes on my 378 Bee I broke down a bought this little beast!

I mounted warne Weatherby steel magnum bases (weaver type) and tried to use the Leupold steel QR rings. As you can see the scope is a bit too short for "my" comfort to fit.

I am open to suggestions but it needs to be strong and the rings not as wide I guess.

Also I can go back to the JR front dovetail style steel Leupolds with steel 30mm rings. So what say you please!!!!!

upZoyO7.jpg

Do they make a offset front base? If not you may have to use a rail to give you more mounting options.

Any reason why you are using the QR rings?

JD338

I have them on my muzzleloader and they are repeatable within a inch every time but that's not really what your concerned with. I would almost go with a set of Nightforce or Mark 4 Leupold rings for that beast.

Maybe these aint even close to the quality you need for that cannon. However, I used a offset front ring dove tail leupold ring on a rifle of mine once with great success. 'course that was piddly 7mm08. I know that aint even a gopher gun for you.... Sure worked good though, and would look to meet your dimensions. Weaver must make an offset too....CL

Back