Hornady 200gr Interlock SP

wvchevy3

Handloader
Dec 4, 2005
I was finally able to get a water jug test done with The whelen and the 200 gr Hornady.The muzzle velocity was 2780 fps. @68degrees. Distance to the jugs was 10yards,the bullet penetrated 5 jugs and weighed 123.0 grains.This load using Imr 8208XBR gives excellent accuracy and good speed out of my 700 classic Whelen. Lee

Attachments

• 20131013_155438.jpg
    20131013_155438.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 2,174
It should make a great combo, for filling the freezer with Venison this Fall. Lee

I should imagine that will work just fine at providing venison for you this year. Great test!

VERY nice Lee! Darn, I might have to load up some more 200's with the 4064 load. I am getting just a little more than 2800 out of them in my Whelen and excellent accuracy. That gives me some good feelings the bullet will hold up at a close hit. Bullet looks perfect to me.

The bullet will hold up quite well at those velocities, I should imagine. That looks very good. Now you're both making me consider working up a load with a lighter bullet for deer. I'm carrying the Whelen at the moment for moose and elk, but deer is always on the docket.

DrMike":zmmd9rcz said:
The bullet will hold up quite well at those velocities, I should imagine. That looks very good. Now you're both making me consider working up a load with a lighter bullet for deer. I'm carrying the Whelen at the moment for moose and elk, but deer is always on the docket.

I think Gerry is on the right track, he is killing everything with the 200 AB! Fast and a flat, along with the ability to hang together in bone. Pretty solid bullet from what he has shown me.

That looks great WC3! It sure is hard to find a bullet that doesnt perform well with MV between 2200-3000fps. We are in a good era.

Back