I couldn't help it

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
I was in Bi-Mart yesterday picking up some loading supplies and trash talking obama when I found this.
I couldn't help myself. Besides I have been realy good lately. :grin:

005.jpg

I topped it with a Leupold VXIII 3.5x10.
I have no experience with a mini 14. This is a new model with a heavy bbl.
I heard they some what fixed the poor accuracy problems with the older models.
I hope to get out tommorrow and break it in.

#7 I heard they did some good work in the accuracy department but that was just in a Gun magazine so its suspect IMHO. Friend of mine just started playing with an old style and is getting 3-4 inch groups at best....be interesting to see what you get. Im jealous no matter ....It should be fun! CL

Hope it shoots better for you then the one I HAD, and the one my dad still has. Its a 2 MOA gun at best at 100 yards. Spray n pray right...

They wern't the newer models however. Maybe they did fix some of the accuracy problems, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you get under 1.5 MOA, I'll be amazed.

remingtonman_25_06":oqyxiptz said:
Hope it shoots better for you then the one I HAD, and the one my dad still has. Its a 2 MOA gun at best at 100 yards. Spray n pray right...

They wern't the newer models however. Maybe they did fix some of the accuracy problems, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you get under 1.5 MOA, I'll be amazed.

I hear ya,
Thats why it's taken me so long to buy one.
I had spent part of the day looking for a M1 Garand but didn't find one that I couldn't live without.
I have always liked the look of the rifle but didn't like what I was hearing about accuracy.
I realy liked the color contrast between the wood, black and bead blasted stainless steel.
I hope this rifle shoots 1moa off the bench. If it dosen't I won't be dissapointed. I have a nice group of sub moa rifles and this will be a nice addition to the group of rifles obama thinks I shouldn't have.
If nothing else it will make a great milk jug shooter for the kids and my wife.

old #7

Congratulations on the mini 14. You need to get a high capacity magazine just because.............. :lol:

JD338

Another Obama gun in the hands of a brother. 2 cool! 8)

dying to get a range report just to see if they really fixed the problems

Should be a fun rifle. I understand that the new ones will shoot much better than the older ones. I do hope that is the case. Give us a report when you get a chance.

Good for you. As long as you have the right attitude, you should enjoy the rifle. I played with a Mini when I was about 20 or so, but I bought an AR after that and never looked back. I wouln't mind giving another Mini try... maybe a Mini-30?

old #7,

Next time you make a post choose a better title please. I am not interested in your rifle.

Savage99":39folzop said:
old #7,

Next time you make a post choose a better title please. I am not interested in your rifle.

? What was that about? I like your Ruger, and like to hear about other guys rifles. My nephew is getting one this morning.

Corey

JD338":1j3afkcb said:
old #7

Congratulations on the mini 14. You need to get a high capacity magazine just because.............. :lol:

JD338

Just because............... it's the American thing to do. :wink:
Maybe I should buy a couple and a few more for my other rifles to help stimulate the economy.
I bet that firearm related purchases have played a substantial role in keeping the economy going since the election.

old #7":2uk7q1c6 said:
JD338":2uk7q1c6 said:
old #7

JD338

Just because............... it's the American thing to do. :wink:
Maybe I should buy a couple and a few more for my other rifles to help stimulate the economy.
I bet that firearm related purchases have played a substantial role in keeping the economy going since the election.

I'd do it just for spite against Hussein, Pelosi, and the anti gun Democraps.
It's your Constitutional right.

JD338

Richracer1":14xwxz04 said:
Savage99":14xwxz04 said:
old #7,

Wow, what's his problem?

I don't know. Apparently we will never find out now that he knows what this thread is.
Maybe he forgot the emoticons :evil: :lol: :roll:

old #7":2ezx9hys said:
Richracer1":2ezx9hys said:
Savage99":2ezx9hys said:
old #7,

Wow, what's his problem?

I don't know. Apparently we will never find out now that he knows what this thread is.
Maybe he forgot the emoticons :evil: :lol: :roll:

Well, if it persist, I might have to send some Midol. I live with 3 women, must be some laying around somewhere. :lol:

JD338

Back