I couldn't resist, Winchester Model 70

Thats a great looking rifle and a great scope planned. Those Winchesters are such nice rifles and a 7Mag. is such a potent and useful cartridge. Enjoy! CL

Ever since selling my nice 375 H&H Model 70, I've been wanting to buy another good-looking Winchester Model 70. This one showed up on my horizon, and I scooped it up!

Winchester Model 70 Super Grade, with the French walnut, chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum. You good folks know that is one of my favorite general purpose hunting cartridges. It's a lightly used rifle, one ding in the stock. I'm looking forward to scoping this one and hunting with it.

ag1t7iEh.jpg

I4oxnGch.jpg

Xk93lh5h.jpg

Regards, Guy
Great looking rifle in an excellent caliber. I hunted with the 7Mag for quite a few years from Deer to Elk and never had a complaint.

Ever since selling my nice 375 H&H Model 70, I've been wanting to buy another good-looking Winchester Model 70. This one showed up on my horizon, and I scooped it up!

Winchester Model 70 Super Grade, with the French walnut, chambered in 7mm Remington Magnum. You good folks know that is one of my favorite general purpose hunting cartridges. It's a lightly used rifle, one ding in the stock. I'm looking forward to scoping this one and hunting with it.

ag1t7iEh.jpg

I4oxnGch.jpg

Xk93lh5h.jpg

Regards, Guy
I would have trouble walking away from that one too. Beautiful!

Very nice!
The suggested Leupold's would all work well on this rifle for you...and as much as I like matte scopes, there is a bit of truth in the suggestion of a gloss scope for this rifle...it would pair nicely! (Having the same thoughts for a scope for the Ruger No.1 in 218 Bee I just acquired)

I think too many people go to the 300 Win Mag, when they would be better served by going with a 7mm Rem Mag.
And over the years, I have witnessed far too many gun store sales people with little shooting and hunting experience, pushing new or relatively inexperienced shooters (men, women and youth) into the 300 Win Mag, when they would be better served with a 7mm Rem Mag (or 270/280/30-06) for deer, moose and elk hunting, where the main goal was deer.
Less recoil for beginners and less experienced shooters, that still has enough bullet weight, velocity and penetration for most North American game that they will be hunting, and less recoil to ensure that they do not develop a flinch, and therefore become better shooters.

Back