information re: JD338's 338 RUM rifle with brake

jimpecheur

Beginner
Jun 14, 2012
Dear JD338,

When Williams installed their tactical muzzle brake on your Remington 338 RUM , did you/they
simply add it to the end of your existing factory length barrel (26 inch ) .

I assume that you have continued to shoot this weapon since the brake installation so would
you please comment on any increase of muzzle blast noise levels covering a variety of bullet
weights.

Kindest Regards,

jim pecheur

Jim,

The Williams "Shark Gill" brake was added to the stock factory barrel. The fit and finish are excellent.
I have not noticed any increase in noise but I wear shooting muffs as a min, sometimes custom fitted ear plugs and muffs. The recoil reduction is pretty noticeable.
right side:
IMG_07401.jpg

left side:
IMG_07421.jpg

top:
IMG_07391.jpg

JD338

Dear JD338,

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry re: your Remington 338 RUM .
it has been a long time since my last visit to the Nosler forum and I am in the process of
changing the optical system on my 338 RUM Remington 700.

tomorrow I will send the rifle to Williams to have their tactical muzzle brake installed
and when it returned I will mount a Near MFG one piece picatinny rail for this LH action weapon.

I have ordered a LaRue Tactical LT120 riflescope mount to attach my Swarovski 4-12 X50 BR
scope to the Near picatinny rail.

Since my last post , I have started reloading 338 RUM handloads following data supplied by you
and others on this forum but I have not fired any todate.

Thank you again for all of your assistance re: the 338 RUM caliber rifle.

Jim Pecheur

Back