Interesting mishap (stuck case) UPDATED

Chet
how do you wear out a die

I am not sure, but I will bet that some have but not me. I have a couple of dies near 50 and several in there 40's I don't shoot much for small game so I am only loading a couple hundred rounds average per rifle per year. Have you used a magnifying glass and bright light to inspect the inside of the die. I know that you have cleaned them because that was in an earlier post. I would consider sending them back to the manufacture with a case, narrative, etc. and see what they say or can do!!!!

There is a case stuck in it right now, I'll send it to rcbs and see what they say. I don't care if they warranty it, I just want to understand what happened so I don't do it again :oops:

So I sent the die to RCBS with a stuck case in it, and another un-sized case. They sent me a new die. I appreciate the new part, but I didn't learn anything from it.
I'm assuming it was scratched, marred, or otherwise ruined bad enough that it couldn't be polished out. I'm still un-sure, but I'm ready to go at it some more :lol:

Good luck buddy. If you haven't tried it yet, give Imperial Sizing wax a try. It really makes sizing operations very easy and you don't need much and it is soooo much easier to clean up than regualr liquid lubes. Scotty

Back