Interview with Adam Weatherby

I am an old man stuck in my old ways. I only own MK V 9 lug and Win/Rugers with CRF type action. I do not own any other type of bolt action.
I am glad Adam is doing what is needed keeping the company moving forward. I wish him success. When I buy another WBY, it will be MK V 9 lug again.
Nothing wrong with that, that's why they make all those different models and cartridges. I'm sure they will always have their legacy rifles and cartridges, they are still selling well from what I heard on their podcast.

Man, Scotty hit the nail on the head as usual for me. I watched the YouTube video where Adam introduces the 6.5-300 Wby for the first time and loved it! It’s one thing to be an iconic American company, but when you find out that it’s run by a humble Christian pastor who loves the Lord, his wife, the outdoors, and the team making his rifles it simply dials it up to 11 for me! I’ve always had a crush on the Mark V Deluxe because it was the rifle my uncle always wanted when I was a kid and it looked like a race car with those amazing curves. It was also a rarity seldom encountered in the elk mountains of NM I hung out in growing up. When you bumped into a fella carrying one of those it sure made for good conversation.
I scored a beautiful Sauer made 300 WBY with a custom walnut stock while stationed in Germany. I love the rifle, but it’s a bit more than anything you’d need for hunting in Europe and the 1-12 twist has trouble with monos over 150 grains. I’d love to have one in 6.5-300 that recoils something like a 7mm Remington Magnum and heaven knows I’d rather put money in somebody’s pocket that sees the world like I do than some corporate conglomerate giant that is happy to gut a company and its employees to maximize profits.
V/R,
Joe

Last edited:
Man, Scotty hit the nail on the head as usual for me. I watched the YouTube video where Adam introduces the 6.5-300 Wby for the first time and loved it! It’s one thing to be an iconic American company, but when you find out that it’s run by a humble Christian pastor who loves the Lord, his wife, the outdoors, and the team making his rifles it simply dials it up to 11 for me! I’ve always had a crush on the Mark V Deluxe because it was the rifle my uncle always wanted when I was a kid and it looked like a race car with those amazing curves. It was also a rarity seldom encountered in the elk mountains of NM I hung out in growing up. When you bumped into a fella carrying one of those it sure made for good conversation.
I scored a beautiful Sauer made 300 WBY with a custom walnut stock while stationed in Germany. I love the rifle, but it’s a bit more than anything you’d need for hunting in Europe and the 1-12 twist has trouble with monos over 150 grains. I’d love to have one in 6.5-300 that recoils something like a 7mm Remington Magnum and heaven knows I’d rather put money in somebody’s pocket that sees the world like I do than some corporate conglomerate giant that is happy to gut a company and its employees to maximize profits.
V/R,
Joe
Absolutely Joe.

Your Sauer made 300 Wby is really nice though..

V/R,
Joe
I was surprised too when I found out that Adam came into the company again after being a pastor. His wife Brenda seems like a wonderful person too, my wife saw here on a video and liked her right away. They still are very active in their local community just not a full time pastor now. We need good business men with character out there too.

They make a great product that you rarely hear anything bad about unlike Fierce and Christensen which have had some issues with quality control at times. It was a smart move to start chambering popular standard rounds in their MK V. What they need to do more of in my opinion is offering more short barreled options like they do with the 338 RPM that you can get 18 and 20" barrels in some models and also 24" for those who want that. Hard to imagine a better gun than a 18 or 20" 338 RPM for a bear gun or carrying in brushy country.

Back