IS IT CHEATING OR AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP

Vince2

Handloader
Jan 21, 2022
If you have a primary firearm is it considered cheating to have relationships with other firearms?

I’ll bet y’all thought this topic was going to be about something else. 🤣😂🤣😂

Vince

While I may only have one child of my own blood, I do have the 6 children from past relationships that I grew very close to and still care about very much; and when I lost a step daughter in a motor vehicle accident, it hurt like hell!
Actually, I was speaking of your rifles. As you know, I've attempted to snag one or two of your collected firearms.

I have no doubt that the loss of a child, whatever the relationship may have been, is painful. In fact, I know that to be true. I can only say that I grieve with anyone who has ever known the pain of the death of a; child.

While we cherish our firearms, there are definitely those that regret letting go after the fact...
There is an A Bolt in 280 and a Rem 700 Classic in 6.5x55 that I shouldn't have let go...but now that I have left handed rifles in those chamberings, the remorse has lessened.

"concubines"? I had to look that one up. I'm not sure the lady of the house would go for that. :LOL:

But ........... I guess there's nothing wrong with having a few concubine rifles!!

While I may only have one child of my own blood, I do have the 6 children from past relationships that I grew very close to and still care about very much; and when I lost a step daughter in a motor vehicle accident, it hurt like hell!
I am sorry for your loss Gil, even if this was not recently, the loss of a loved one is never forgotten

My dogs are far more temperamental than my rifles.

Tell ya, the shortage of various components has led me to branch out with my handloading the past couple of years.

Very difficult to get some of my old favorite go-to powders, particularly RL-15 & RL-22, so I found very nice substitutes for those.

Also Gavin has asked me to try some different hunting bullets. I've been kinda stuck on Nosler for quite some time because if it works.... Why change?

But I've found that Hornady bullets work great. Used the 180 grain Berger Elite Hunter on mule deer last fall. Kind of fun, changing it up a bit.

Regards, Guy

Guy, I've found the 30 caliber 165 gr. Speer Hot Core to be an excellent deer slayer. I started using it around 1982 give or take when I found it to be the only bullet a certain rifle would shoot well enough for hunting accuracy. It does 1.25" to 1.5" in a Ruger 77 RSI and does .75" in a Winchester m70 .308 and about the same in a couple of 30-06s.
Paul B.

Tell ya, the shortage of various components has led me to branch out with my handloading the past couple of years.

Very difficult to get some of my old favorite go-to powders, particularly RL-15 & RL-22, so I found very nice substitutes for those.

Also Gavin has asked me to try some different hunting bullets. I've been kinda stuck on Nosler for quite some time because if it works.... Why change?

But I've found that Hornady bullets work great. Used the 180 grain Berger Elite Hunter on mule deer last fall. Kind of fun, changing it up a bit.

Regards, Guy
Aadapt, overcome and improvise is the motto of today's availability of reloading components. Dan.

Back