It does exist.

1Shot

Handloader
Dec 5, 2008
I went to the new Cabals in my area and shock faint and fall over it does exist. They had Varget, Bullseye and Unique powder. I bought some. :mrgreen:

1Shot":68gmg588 said:
I went to the new Cabals in my area and shock faint and fall over it does exist. They had Varget, Bullseye and Unique powder. I bought some. :mrgreen:

Wow. Nice score!

The only restriction was that they only had one pound of Varget $29.99 and Unique $27.99 and two pounds of Bullseye $26.99. The other limitation was my wallet that could afford only one pound of each.
I did get kind of a deal. I had a recall repair that needed to be done on my car so I also scheduled to have the oil changed at the same time. The recall repair was supposed to only take 90 minutes and was told that everything would take 2 hours. Turned into 5 hours setting in the waiting room at the dealer so they gave me the oil change at no cost. It cost $50 so I spent that on the powder.

It is good to be able to find things one needs when you least expect it (y)!

Blessings,
Dan

I'm happy to see handgun powder start to make an appearance on the shelves again.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent score. I have found most powders are available around here with a little patience. I scored 2# Varget, 2# RL-19, and 8# Retumbo this month. Should be stocked for quite a while. Had only intended on 4# of Retumbo, but by the time I got to the store they were out of 1# cans. Now if Federal primers and Win/RP brass would just catch up...

ksubuck":1b7f1c1i said:
Excellent score. I have found most powders are available around here with a little patience. I scored 2# Varget, 2# RL-19, and 8# Retumbo this month. Should be stocked for quite a while. Had only intended on 4# of Retumbo, but by the time I got to the store they were out of 1# cans. Now if Federal primers and Win/RP brass would just catch up...

Take a good look at Hornady brass. In my opinion it's every bit as tough as Winchester and much more consistent. It also seems very available online and locally. I've been using a good bit of it and am very impressed with the stuff.

I have picked up quite a bit of Hornady brass to work with, and agree that it is on par with Win and RP. But I have a couple of chamberings that they do not make brass for. Not an emergency by any means, but someday I hope to pick up a few bags of new brass to have on hand for those rifles.

No problem. Hornady has been excellent in the brass department. Quality stuff and seems very available.

I was at Jay's in Gaylord MI last week they had most everything except 215 Federal primers. Even had some REALLY pricey RUM brass 20pc. I even got a box of 100gr 250 Savage shells $40.00 but I been looking for a year.

Powders have been coming back steadily and now we are even seeing pistol powders in my area. Scored some Bullseye this weekend myself. Have not been able to find it since I was told that it was what I needed for the 38 Special going on two years ago. No problem finding CCI primers of any flavor, prices up a tad bit. In my area and online the only thing I have been unable to track down is the uncommon, read oddball, brass cases.

Thomas

Back