Jack O'Connor tribute Winchester Model 70 unveiled

Unless actual selling price is significantly less than MSRP (like $500 less), Winchester has priced me out of the market.

Here are a couple of photos from the SHOT show this week.

Bradford O'Connor (right) with Dave Petzal. Brad is holding the custom model of the tribute rifle:

DavePetzalandBradwithTribute.jpg

Here is Craig Boddington with the original Jack O'Connor "#2"; Brad is handling the custom tribute rifle:

BoddingtonwithTributeandBrad.jpg

And this one has nothing to do with the SHOT show, but here is Brad shooting his Earl Milliron stocked .375. I just like it:

Cheryls12thB-dayetc-Aug2009179.jpg

Word from Winchester is that initial orders were very high, especially for the custom grade tribute rifle. Expect lots of press soonest.

I like the Leupold hat Brad is wearing in the last picture. Yeah, that tribute rifle would be a real collector's item.

Hopefully there will be some at the NRA banquets for some lucky door prize winners. That's my only chance of owning one. :wink:

I think the link mike posted is really just the same gun with Winchesters own advertising blurp on the same gun??? They are now saying the gun in the standard version is going to be coming with 2X wood and a pad . The Deluxe gun is going to have 3X Wood and a steel buttplate exactly like Jacks custom gun was. The whispering pricing on the standard, is soposed to be 15, and the Deluxe will be 2K, from what I was able to find out from a friend at the shotshow. He did say that the ones they had there at the show are pretty awesome, and he expects if you ordered one, the wood you would get on it, will probably not quite come up to the select pieces, they took to the show.The Deluxe he looked at had wood on it that he claimed the blank would cost $750........ so I guess thats just good advertising. He is trying to get me to grab one, as I am an old JC man from way back. If I thought they would be a good investment I might just buy one ????? This is their own pictures of the gun. I was disapointed in the gun originally from the original info that was posted on here with that bland wood on it . I see all that has changed now! If I was sure I could get this rifle, in these pictures, with that wood on it, I would just order one right now, and stash it away, and see what happens in the future! It couldnt do any worse than 1% in a CD could it!
JCmodel70left.png

model70JCrt.png

Well now I know why the orginal number 2 was not at the museum it was at the shot show, go figure. Wish I had the money to buy one of these.

Corey

My experience with so called "custom" rifles with fancy walnut stocks is that even though you hunt with them, they do not get treated like and out-of-the-box, factory rifle does. In my case, my two customs have quite a few marks on them for being hunted for 35+ years but they still have not been places and do not have the wear that I would have given an out of the box sporter under the same conditions.

Whether this had made any difference in my hunting attitude or edfficiency is something that each hunter has to decide for themselves. One of the rifles, the .270 Win, Model 70 Pre 64, I used pretty extensively but it never was a collectors item.

I am sure that if Kelly saw this he is already saving his money.. Nice rifle!

I saw a 275 Rigby that was made as a tribute to WDM Bell for sale a while back that I wanted badly, but was unable to sell my organs for the money needed.

alaska100":xswq6gr1 said:
I am sure that if Kelly saw this he is already saving his money.. Nice rifle!

I saw a 275 Rigby that was made as a tribute to WDM Bell for sale a while back that I wanted badly, but was unable to sell my organs for the money needed.

There does seem to be a shortage on the need for popular organs right now. I know I have had a few for sale, but no bites yet! Tough market right now I guess!

You're trying to sell the wrong organs. There are some that have some value, but they are negotiable.

Back