Jeep Wrangler hunting vehicle

FOTIS":3b14ixf0 said:
Really liking it Guy!

Thought about one many many times but lack of room does not do it for me. Where do you put the elk and pull the camper?

Other that that it is awesome!

:mrgreen: I think a boned-out elk would fit just fine, though I have to admit a full elk carcass would not fit just fine... Nor would the antlers from a big bull, though our friend Scotty managed to wedge antlers & meat into his Jeep...

Camper? Don't have one. I just tent it, or grab a motel or cabin sometimes.

Guy

Awesome Guy. My friend has a 98 Cherokee Sport with the 4.0 and 5 speed it's awesome. The only thing to make yours better is a 4BT!

nvbroncrider":28n3i0lb said:
Awesome Guy. My friend has a 98 Cherokee Sport with the 4.0 and 5 speed it's awesome. The only thing to make yours better is a 4BT!

Oh man, that would be a dream build huh Jake!

My oldest son, bless him, put the ViAir compressor in my Jeep! Tucked it neatly under the hood while I was sound asleep after another night shift. Too cool. Photos & performance info to follow. Now it will be easy to air up, back on pavement, after reaping the benefits of running at reduced air pressure off pavement. Cool.

Also paves the way for powering up air-actuated Ox Lockers in the diffs... :twisted:

Yee Haw!

And a photo of my son with his very cool '98 Cherokee on a long-arm suspension. Lights and Suspension... That's where he is now with it. Coming someday soon, will be a winch and a locker, or two!

I was having one heck of a time mounting that compressor. Gave up. Was going to go hit it another day. He did it yesterday while I was snoozing after shift. Sneaky rascal.

Guy

That's great Guy! Congrats. I've got one on my Ram for the exhaust brake and filling tires and other duties. They are great compressors. Look at a small reservoir for the compressor. Helps them work and keep pressure up a little too.

Your sons Jeep rocks!

Scotty - that thing mounts up under the hood. Really nice! It was so easy to add stuff under the hood of my old truck, my old Chebby Blazer... It's even easy to work under the hood of my son's '98 Cherokee with the 4.0 straight six.

It's TIGHT under the hood of the Wrangler. They mounted that 3.6 Pentastar real high under the hood - which is good, but fills the engine compartment without a lot of spare room.

Kid told me (27 years old) "Dad I had to be a contortionist to make it happen, and besides, your arms wouldn't fit in there anyway." :grin:

I can live with that. And my new air compressor!

Regards, Guy

Couple of days ago. Up on a local mountain. Not much snow so far this year. More since the photo, but still light.

There's a 1,500' drop just the other side of that rock. Couldn't bring myself to go any farther up it... :shock:

Guy Miner":11myl7fx said:
There's a 1,500' drop just the other side of that rock. Couldn't bring myself to go any farther up it... :shock:

I believe I understand why! :shock: Great photo, by the way.

You did a lot better than I would :wink: I would have stopped my vehicle about 300 yards further back :shock:. Just never liked taking chances :mrgreen: !

Blessings,
Dan

Family Jeep outing this morning. My son and a buddy in his '98 Cherokee, me and Mama in the white Wrangler. It was about 30 here this morning, but most of the snow is long gone down here in the lowlands. Still found ice covering some still water on the 4x4 route. Both Jeeps did just great, doing water crossings easily, and even with the axles a little crossed up on some ruts & rocks.

It was a great morning together, away from home. We thoroughly enjoyed. Yes, you guys have seen mule deer & coyote hunting photos from this area before. :grin:

Regards, Guy

Looks like a great outing; it makes me blood begin to run a little quicker as I get the itch to head for the mountains.

And in a lesson to never trust spring weather, these were taken on today's outing, while attempting to do a little wildlife photography. Very wet & cold today:

Looks to me as if the wildlife chose to stay secreted as it was too wet and snowy. :grin: Still, I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to get away and into the mountains. :grin:

Pretty country, Guy, and good pics.

Know of anybody hiring surveyors up your way? :)

Back