Jeep Wrangler hunting vehicle

Sure is pretty up there in your part of the world, Guy. One of these days I need to commit to coming out there to see that part of the country.

@BK - It's not as mountainous or snowy, Kurt, but if you're looking for surveying work, I can put out feelers around the southeast. I know a few folks in the commercial side. PM me if you want me to send up a few trial balloons.

Thanks, dub. I am waiting on a offer sheet for a firm working in NoDak/Eastern Montana area. We'll see...

And, my sister was born in Wenatchee, and I was also born in a little town called Ephrata, so it would kind of be like coming home...

BK, lots of road work been going on. Some renewed land development. Not sure who's hiring, if anyone though.

Guy

By the end of the month I should have a report on how this little Jeep reacts to an aftermarket air-locker front diff, limited slip rear diff and lower gearing... :mrgreen:

Guy Miner":3vb603h7 said:
By the end of the month I should have a report on how this little Jeep reacts to an aftermarket air-locker front diff, limited slip rear diff and lower gearing... :mrgreen:

Now that is exciting Guy! I believe your son has created a monster! :lol:

There is nothing like a locked up Jeep Guy. If you could stick to a wall, you could climb it..

Man, again, you tempt me with the Jeeps. Back to Autotrader...

Guy Miner":3froz0mi said:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

That's my problem with my Jeep CJ... if I want to throw a locker in the rear diff, I need to change the housing, the AMC20 isn't that strong.Same with the Dana 30 in the front. But an ARB would be cool as heck...

And this week, the Jeep is going from the stock 3.21 gears to 4.10 gears:

New rear Yukon "Dura Grip" limited slip rear diff with ring gear already installed:

New front Yukon "Zip" air locker with ring gear already installed:

The same shop just installed 4.56 gears and air-actuated Ox lockers front and rear on my son's Jeep Cherokee. They do real good work! I'm looking forward to driving my Jeep with the new diffs & gears!

Guy

Guy Miner":2w6r0p3c said:
DuraGrip_zpsf3935c47.jpg

Oooh, purple springs...

DrMike":3s2ft5qb said:
BK":3s2ft5qb said:
Maybe I'll need to paint my Jeep purple camo...

Isn't there a danger someone would name it "Barney?"

Probably not. Camo and all. Besides, if you don't know me, I can be pretty intimidating.

Not as intimidating in a purple Jeep.... :mrgreen:

I think I'll keep my purple springs in the pumpkin! BTW, went by the shop today, and the rear diff is 'bout done. The front is all torn apart.

Picking up the Little White Jeep later this morning! :mrgreen:

Front diff with air tube for the locker:

Rear diff with the limited slip:

The owner of the shop took the photos. He's told me that I need to take it real easy on the gears for the first 500 miles as they wear-in. I promise to be good for 500 miles.... After that.... :twisted:

Guy

It certainly looks impressive, Guy. I'm sure it all holds a lot of promise, after five hundred miles or so. :grin:

Guy Miner":1rht3nab said:
Not as intimidating in a purple Jeep.... :mrgreen:

I think I'll keep my purple springs in the pumpkin! BTW, went by the shop today, and the rear diff is 'bout done. The front is all torn apart.

Well, maybe you have a point... maybe if I get some temporary neck tattoos...

Back