Johan Loubser

atmoshpere

Beginner
Jun 8, 2011
Was about to suggest Harold Vaughn, but he was born in '24 and retired from his professional career in '86, so I'm not sure if he would still qualify...

I've had several conversations with Johan, and he is highly knowledgeable. Last time I spoke with him he was the ballistics and testing department for Western Powders. A local fellow - Lane Pearce - is a gunwriter, and he agrees that Johan is one of the best. At least he did the last time I spoke with him.

Couldn't tell you who the other two are, though. Oh, wait! Dr. Mike and FOTIS!!!!!!!!! That's it!

dubyam":31psfleq said:
I've had several conversations with Johan, and he is highly knowledgeable. Last time I spoke with him he was the ballistics and testing department for Western Powders. A local fellow - Lane Pearce - is a gunwriter, and he agrees that Johan is one of the best. At least he did the last time I spoke with him.

Couldn't tell you who the other two are, though. Oh, wait! Dr. Mike and FOTIS!!!!!!!!! That's it!

3977105b.jpg

:mrgreen:

milboltnut":2yf6mzee said:
I was reading on a site by Randy Wakeman, and there was a write up by Johan Loubser.

The heading before his write up says, "Johan Loubser is widely regarded as one of the top three senior ballisticians in the world today."

Is this true? And who are the other two?

He is the Sn. Ballistician for Western Powders. I email him any time I have questions about loading either Accurate or Ramshot powders in a new cartridge I email him and he is exceptionally prompt in getting back to me.

Don't know who the other 2 would be, but based upon his position I'd guess that they work for other major powder companies like Alliant and Hodgon??

efw":35jh4ixv said:
milboltnut":35jh4ixv said:
I was reading on a site by Randy Wakeman, and there was a write up by Johan Loubser.

The heading before his write up says, "Johan Loubser is widely regarded as one of the top three senior ballisticians in the world today."

Is this true? And who are the other two?

He is the Sn. Ballistician for Western Powders. I email him any time I have questions about loading either Accurate or Ramshot powders in a new cartridge I email him and he is exceptionally prompt in getting back to me.

Don't know who the other 2 would be, but based upon his position I'd guess that they work for other major powder companies like Alliant and Hodgon??

Same here Eric, when I have emailed, he has gotten back to me fast with good intel and polite responses. I like that kinda service. Scotty

Back