Just justified a new hand gun

longwinters

Handloader
Oct 10, 2004
Happen to be in lower Michigan for a big family Thanksgiving and Christmas. Course the men had to make a trip to our favorite gun store. I had in mind one of the Marlin levers in 45-70 or 35 Rem. But all they had in a long barrel was 338 Marlin. I hadn't done any home work on this cal but was quite intrigued by it. I figured when scoped etc I'd have about 900.00 into it.

But then there was the SW Model 60 Pro. A 5 shot 357 revolver with 3" barrel. Stainless with wood grip......I've been looking at these the last 3 times down. So I was really torn. Back and fourth, back and fourth. Took one more deep breath and then made the decision. The revolver was more money initially but to scope the rifle would cost about 250.00 more than the pistol. I have several rifles for my boys to inherit but really only 2 handguns plus the Contender. 3 boys and two handguns.......

The SW model 60 pro came back with me. Love that pistol! Plus now I have at least 6 months to do more homework on the 338 Marlin....which still intrigues me. :)

Long

I finally was able to get out and shoot the 60 Pro (along with my contender) this morning. Just shooting .38 +P 130 gn FMJ. Since it was the 1st time shooting it I only shot at the 7 yd target single action. This pistol will put everything into one ragged hole at that distance off hand. I was messing around with different grip holds etc...but it is one accurate pistol. I am thrilled with it.

Course the double action is heavy, and in the future it may get a spring job, but it is a great revolver.

Long

Long,

The S&W Model 60 Pro is nice. Glad it is shooting well for you.

JD338

Sounds like a sweet rig! Gotta get a picture of it though!!! Scotty

Back