LEE Handheld Reloaders????

redrider03

Beginner
Dec 7, 2007
I live in a small apartment with no room for a reloader so I was looking into the Lee Handheld reloaders that they have. Cabelas sells two models. The Lee Hand Press Reloading Kit for 39.99 plus what ever dies I need. And the Lee Classic Loader Kit for the caliber I want for 24.99. Has anyone had any experience with either of them. I dont shoot alot so the slow process doesnt bother me and I only need it in .45 Colt so the one caliber restriction of the classic doesnt bother them. Here are the links for them. Thanks and your help is apprecited :)

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... jsp.form23

I know not many would approve, but most of my loading equip. is of lee loading accessories.Always loaded accurate loads with anything from behind the counter,but had a fair number of problems when getting custom work done which has fustrated me to no end.The hand press i would have no problem indorsing. :)

I have the hand press which I purchased for adjustments at the range. I seldom use it, but it is comforting to know that it is available. It will be somewhat slower than a bench mounted press, but it does work well.

I would get the hand press. I think it gives you some more options and you can upgrade and use different die sets if you ever decide to expand your reloading operation.

Another option may be to get a regular bench mounted press and mount it to a good piece of hardwood and use some C clamps and clamp it down to something when you want to load. Just throwing some ideas out for ya. Good luck, any way you can reload is good by me! One of the best hobbies in my mind. Scotty

I started reloading with a Lee hand unit in .30-'06 in 19 (mumble), slow but they shot well and I could have 165 gr loads which were not available in those days.

Later I got a RCBS Rock Chucker that I could clamp to a small folding table from a rumage sale that lived in a closet.

jim

With the Classic Loader, you WILL be making some noise, while the
Hand Press is quiet and PORTABLE!

I have a couple of bench presses, but since getting the Lee Hand Press,
they have not been used. Some have complained that the hand press
makes their hands sore, but I have not had that problem. Over the
years, I have come to the conclusion that a press is a press, is a press.
As long as it is capable of pushing a case straight up into a die, and
straight back out, it is just as accurate as the most expensive presses
(sorry Dillon owners, but it is a fact).

My expensive Forster dies go into the Lee Hand Press. However, there
are many who say that the cheaper Lee dies can produce just as accurate
rounds. At any rate I highly recommend the Hand Press, and seriously
doubt if you will be disappointed. It handles my .25-06 & 7mm WSM
cases just as well as my .45 Colt cases.

If that is your only option is a hand press, a friend of mine has been uisng one for several years and had done quite well with it.

I started reloading in a two bedroom apartment and just clamped the press to an old desk we had lying around. Could even do it at the kitchen table, just make sure to clean the table really well after ward. PS I'm not sure where you are but I have a single stage Lyman Press I'm not using I could make you a deal on.

Corey

Back