Lee Pro 1000

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
I am expecting delivery on a Lee Pro 1000 which will be used mostly for 9mm.
I have a Lee Classic Turret press so I really don't need it but I'm interested in seeing if I can get this lined out and speed things up a bit.
I realize these things take some tweaking and I've been watching videos to try get some familiarity.
Is anybody out there loading with one of these and willing to answer some questions as they come up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad has one. He was a little dissapointed in it to be honest. He says the priming mechanism wasn't completely reliable, and would get a couple rounds that didn't prime, and a huge mess of powder. The powder storage above the dispenser was relatively low capacity. Those were his only two complaints for the machine, but was able to set it up with relative ease and was cranking out bullets pretty quick.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

No personal experience with the Lee Pro 1000 but a friend had one and it would occasionally miss dropping powder he he would get squib loads and did ring the barrel on one gun before he sold it.
I would get a Dillon Square Deal B set up for 9mm from Dillon just for piece of mind. Plus if you break it Dillon will fix it for free and you can get caliber conversion kits for it from Dillon.
I have owned 3 of them and sold 2. The one I kept is set up to load .38 Special. Once you set the powder measure for the charge you want it to throw with your selected powder you can have piece of mind it will drop the same charge every time just keep the powder hopper full and add brass and bullets .
If you can send it back I would and get the Dillon.

Back