Lets see that one rifle...

I would think so. A 225 grain Partition leaving the train at almost 3100 fps with a SD of .281 and a BC of .454 should have a bad elk day! At least the elk I shot with the .338 Mag and 225's felt that way!

6mm Remington...Yes that is chambered in 6mm. The bullet I was using was a reload, I preface the answer by I wasnt having any luck getting my 1903 Argentine Mauser chambered in 30-06 sighted in and wasnt feeling comfortable with that rifle so I had to take the "stand by" which was my M77. The round I shoot out of the 6mm is a 58 gr Vmax at 3700 fps - not a great choice for hunting Deer but I can shoot the eye out of a flea at 200 yards with that rifle so it made the trip. I shot that deer at 240 yards in the heart, he made a few steps and piled up. Cant wait for the 90 AccuBond to hit the market.

FLAT BOLT":3ov21nfv said:
6mm Remington...Yes that is chambered in 6mm. The bullet I was using was a reload, I preface the answer by I wasnt having any luck getting my 1903 Argentine Mauser chambered in 30-06 sighted in and wasnt feeling comfortable with that rifle so I had to take the "stand by" which was my M77. The round I shoot out of the 6mm is a 58 gr Vmax at 3700 fps - not a great choice for hunting Deer but I can shoot the eye out of a flea at 200 yards with that rifle so it made the trip. I shot that deer at 240 yards in the heart, he made a few steps and piled up. Cant wait for the 90 AccuBond to hit the market.

Ah yeah, I kinda forgot your another valid candidate to put that 90 grain AB to the test..

Is your 30-06 all squared away now? :twisted:

The Mauser is close. The Leopold mounts that were put in by the Gunsmith were loose so I am thinking that may have had "a little" something to do with my accuracy issues. The load I have seems to be solid...and by my load I mean the one you suggested and I probably tweaked a touch or 2. It was good enough to take to the mountains to chase deer, I couldn't find a 12x14 so I didnt get a chance to shoot my gun! :mrgreen:

Back