Leupold VX-L Line

7mmfan

Beginner
Dec 14, 2004
Anybody buy one yet? I'm thinking about it. I handled one in Calebas last week, very nice.

7mmfan

ive looked through a couple there impressive to say the least, still mulling it over, jjmp

I think they are too heavy. I just ordered a Mark4 4.5x14x40mm.

JD338

Bought the 4.5-14 X50mm, weighs 16.2 oz on my scale. Extremely clear, on par with the Zeiss' I've looked through. Clarity is way better than my VX-III 4.5-14.

Brad

:grin: Congrats jd 338 and 7mm fan what retical did you both choose?? regards jjmp :grin:

The regular duplex. B&C is a good idea, but too many reticules is like too many bowsight pins and you're likely to focus on the wrong one when you are excited and hurried.

Brad

jjmp,

I ordered the DuPlex reticle. I agree with 7mmfan, B&C is a good idea but too much clutter could cause a mistake. ( I use a single dot on my bow too). I am planning on just dialing in the range. I will be making up a chart for exact range nad clicks.
I should be seeing the scope, along with the RX IV range finder with in the next 2-3 weeks.

JD338

thanks guys for the answers, good reasons for your choices, i''m kicking around the varmit my self,i''m used to the lines , guess its comes down to what we''re used too, regards jjmp

Wonder if Leupold will be adding these features to there lineup at a later date?

DiamondCoat on the exterior lens surface & Thermal shock enhanced Argon/Krypton fill process.

Mmmmmm :roll: .

Hank Hunter,

I am still waiting for the RX IV to arrive. I will give a full report when I finally get it! :roll:

JD338

Will be sticking one on top of my Accumark .257WM - my feral cat medicine. Have tossed around the B&C but have to agree, the whole view looks too busy for me. Clarity is just brilliant. We do alot of night shooting over here (under spotlight) and they are just the ducks nuts.

Has any body else noticed thatr the B&C rectile scopes aremore finicky re eye relief? Maybe I'm just imagining things.....CL

Has any body else noticed thatr the B&C rectile scopes aremore finicky re eye relief? Maybe I'm just imagining things.....CL

I have the BC reticles in 4 of my VX3 scopes. Love the way the reticle performs with my 2 Tikka T3 LS 270WSM with 140gr Accubonds. I never found a problem with eye relief personally.

I also have a VX2 scope with the LR duplex reticle on my Sako m75 SS 243 for my coyote/wolf rifle. Works like a charm also! Not as "busy" as people say about the BC reticle.

As for a VX-L scope, I never looked thru one yet to comment on.

Just bought a VX-L 4.5x14x56 last week. Haven't hunted with it yet but it is the clearest scope i have looked through in the back yard.

Also got a pair of 10x40 Kahles binoculars a few months back ..... They are also very clear. Very pleased with the binoculars. Haven't used the scope enough to say for sure yet but it seems fantastic so far in the yard.

I ordered a 6.5 - 20 x 56 VX-L in the varminters reticle for my 204. Should be arriving within a week or so. Can't wait to head out and do some prairie poodlin with it.

Savage Vaporizer

Back