Leupold VX-R ?

AzDak42":skclnfdj said:
SJB - Just curious - what are your thoughts on this one for a 375 H&H?

I'd like to scope mine with a low power variable at some point and I really like the VX-Rs on my two Nosler rifles, but I'm sort of torn. Not because of function, but more a matter of form. On a walnut stocked 375 H&H I sort of feel like I'm obligated to put on some euro-glass or something more traditional. A firedot seems sort of out of place..

It would be at the top of my list for a rifle like that. I actually really like that 1.25x4 on my 45-70 and most of the reason is the #4 reticle with the Firedot. I think it is a good looking scope and everything seems well laid out. The glass is also pretty danged clear and it looks pretty good at night as well.

Like I said, I am gunning for 1 or 2 more of them. I need the same scope for my slug gun and maybe one more for my muzzleloader as well. I am liking the VXR's.

I you want to go a little less money for a VX-3, you can get the time proven 1.5-5x20 Leupold which is what I have on my 9.3mmx76R, Number One. This caliber is close I performance to a .375 H&H, hand loaded to modern single shot load power, I have a number 4 reticle in it.

Oldtrader3":207k3ujt said:
I you want to go a little less money for a VX-3, you can get the time proven 1.5-5x20 Leupold which is what I have on my 9.3mmx76R, Number One. This caliber is close I performance to a .374 H&H, hand loaded to modern single shot load power, I have a number 4 reticle in it.

That would be my 2nd choice for sure Charlie. I like that one a bunch as well.

Back