Leupolds great customer service strikes again

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
I was tightening down my set screws on the elevation dial on my vx-II 6-18 and I finally stripped one of them out. There just little dinky things, I knew it would only be a matter of time before it happened. The scope is over 5 years old. I called Leupold and told them what happened and that I needed at least 1 maybe 2 or 3 of them (for next time) hex screws for the dial and they are sending me 3 of them at no cost what so ever on my end. For something that was my fault, you just gotta love the way leupold takes care of its customers. He just asked for my name and address and said it would be here in a couple days.

Thanks Leupold!!

You get what you pay for and its more than just the name.
Leupold is a world class company.

JD338

World class indeed!!! I tightened my scopre ring screws to tight and stripped them when I went to get the scope back off. Called them up told them what happened and I bet they are in my mail box right now. NO COST TO ME!

That is why I buy Leupold!

As a contrast, I had a Burris ring that was cut offcenter on the little 'ears' that engage the windage screws on the rear base. I called Burris, the gruff fellow on the other end acted like I was an idiot. I said I'd be more than happy to send him the ring, so he could inspect it. And then he could send me a new ring and an apology for being a rude SOB. Well, I sent the ring off, and about three months later I got a little brown envelope with a new rear ring and a receipt that showed I had been provided a replacement for defective ring. No apology. I called them back and asked what happened to my apology. Unfortunately I got a lady on the phone who acted like she had no idea who I had originally talked to. I still like their Signature Rings, but if I ever get another bad one, I'm going to be a real pain in someone's behind.

+3

I have a M-8 4x32 Leupold that is pre-1974... the tech. rep. said that is as
far back as he could go per the serial number.... It lost zero, I sent it back, and they replaced the turrets for both windage and elevation, no charge. The windage was bad, not the elevation. WORLD class company.

dido everything! A couple of years ago I was showing off my new drop compensator to a friend and as I twisted it the knob fell off. Two weeks before the hunt. I shiped it out the next day had it back in plenty of time to prepare for the hunt. I love that customer service!

Last year I sold my BLR in the 308 and when I took off my 35 year old 2X7 Gold ring there was something loose inside.
I wrapped in up and took it to post office and mailed it off to Okatoks near Calgary it was a Wednesday.
The following Tuesday my wife and I were having lunch when the door bell rang and it was priority post with a parcel. Opened up and there was a new Vari X1. I sent them a email thanking them and they then sent me a Leupold ball cap. I guess you know why in my opinion they are No1.

Blessings,
Dan :lol:

I am waiting to see what Leupold plans on for Redfield. The Redfield site is up and running but it just has hint at whats coming.

LEUPOLD cannot be beaten!! They are fantastic folks who really care about their customer and the products they produce. In another post on this site, I talked about a couple of screw-ups by me and my son that Leupold fixed without any questions. Here is another that happened to a friend of mine. My good buddy (with massive short term memory loss :roll: ) left a Leupold Gold Ring spotting scope in the back of his pickup after using it on a hunt. He set it down for a bit behind the spare tire and other junk in the back, and never remembered it. This spotting scope rode around in the back of his pickup for the rest of the hunting season, and into the next spring before he saw it again or realized it was sitting in the back of his pickup. It had been in the rain, mud, snow, spare tire, tire chains, and other goodies bouncing in and around on this poor old spotting scope for the better part of 9 months. The lenses were trashed and were severly scratched up. The scope remained fog free though!! He sent it off to Leupold and told them what he had done. A short time later, he recieved a NEW spotting scope in the mail!! WOW

All of my hunting rifles have Leupold scopes on them except for my first rifle, a Remington Model 600 in 6mm Remington, and it has a 4x Weaver.(scope from 1972)

Ruger #1B 30-06 4x Leupold scope
Ruger #1B 6mm Remington- 6x42mm Leupold scope
Remington Model 700 MTN Rifle 25-06- 6x36mm Leupold scope
Ruger Model 77 MKII 6mm Remington- 4.5-14x40mm Leupold Scope
(sons rifle above)
Spotting Scope- Leupold 25x fixed power
Binoculars- Leupold 10x25 Gold Ring compact

LEUPOLD IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE, PERIOD!!

Does anyone know who is making the lenses for Leopold? Watching a video on the production of their scopes, they mention that they use a lense making company that produces lenses for other "high-end" scope manufacturers.

Has anyone had their hands on one of the new Redfields? They are supposed to be out now.

Back