Matte 3X9X40 scope

257 Ackley

Handloader
Nov 25, 2008
I'm looking for a matte finished scope that has good optics to put on a .243 that I purchased for a young mans graduation present. I have a 2 - 7 Vari X II Leupold gloss finished scope sitting around, but that doesn't look right on this rifle. Let me know if you have something sitting around that you can sell for a reasonable price or would be willing to trade for the Vari X II that I have. I am looking for a 3-9X40, doesn't need any fancy plexes or added do-dads. Thanks

I've got a Leatherwood Hi-luxe 3X9 sitting on my shop bench. Beat the heck out of it on a mosin sporter for 3 years and it never shifted zero. Good optics, basic plex reticle, got a little wear from use but it's not beat. Inexpensive scope but held up to hard use well. You're local so we could get together and you could take a look at it.

That 2X7 VX II would look really nice on the mauser sporter I'm building for my Brother in Laws grad present. Too much to trade for my scope. You interested in a custom hunting or skinning knife? I build them out of Solingen or Mora swedish blades and I've got some nice Texas deer antler I found at work this winter. I'm a little poor right now.

Got a Nikon 4x12x40 I can let you have for $130

Great condition!

PM me

Fotis -
saw you are already in the SPF mode on this. I would have snapped that up in a hurry if I had seen it soon enough.

Ackley,
Would like to have a Leuy like that. All Ive got to swap is a 3-9X40 Bushnell Trophy that rode on my 250 Sav for several years. Still clear as a bell and it did shoot my best groups ever. I think that was a $110 scope new. It isa Bushnell so it dosent rack adjustments like a Luey, but they seem to stay put pretty well. Hardly swap material for your Luey.....that is what it was replaced by. Thought I needed a new scope when I changed my reload recipie, "IT CANT BE THE RELOADS.....????" If you can think of a fair offer I can make and you are interested, let me know. CL

Thanks for the looks and responses. I ended up getting a Voxtex Viper for the rifle, just to see what the buzz is all about. It looks pretty good when I had it in the back yard last night, but range time will give a better indicator. Hopefully we will get out this weekend.

Back