Midway Deals

35 Whelen

Handloader
Dec 22, 2011
They have again come up with a large inventory of factory
Seconds in various calibers. I had great luck with these before . I just bought 4 boxes of 6.5 /129gr (SST blems) from them at $19 a box. With free shipping. Its 50% off
And the deer can't tell the difference. :lol:

After weighing a bunch of them, and measuring some up I cant see or find anything that would make em be "blems" or seconds in Any way ???? These must simply be "Over Runs ??? Obviously just Hornady SST bullets

I got to visit the Hornady factory this past fall on my way home from a hunt. I visited with the gentleman in the ballistics lab and asked this exact question because I've had such great results from blemished 90 gr GMXs ina couple .257s.

They gave numeric standards for hunting and another (obviously smaller) for target bullets that must be maintained from batch to batch or the whole run goes to "seconds". They have a separate category for cosmetically blemished bullets.

The 90 gr .257 cal GMXs I reference above were clearly seconds and they're weight and OAL vary considerably but even with that factored in they're "minute of whitetail" to longer distances than I'd use them so I'm happy.

Back