Mounting Leica ER on M48?

Hemi82

Beginner
Mar 5, 2013
First post and I just got my new Leica 2.5-10 :grin: in the mail today. I'm trying to mount it on my Model 48 in 325WSM that I have had for a few years. I need new mounts and Nosler suggested talley lightweights or Leupold Daul Dovetails. I would like it to be low as possible and think that the talley lows may work but no one has them locally. I would have to drive over an hour just to get the leupolds. I could order them online then would have to go through the hassle of returning them if they don't work. If any one has mounted a Leica on a M48 I would appreciate to see what your results were.

BTW if anyone is looking at the Leica it appears to be a really nice scope with optics much better than my VXIII's

Welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help with your M48 or Leica, but it sounds like one awesome set up!

Welcome aboard, Hemi82. I use Talley lows on my Leica 2.5-10X42 ER when mounting on my Model 70. It is just right.

Thanks, DrMike, I'm sure it will it work on my nosler then since they both have a 90 degree bolt throw.

If the Leica scope has a 42mm objective lens, it should be fine with Talley low rings. Plus with the 60* bolt throw, the eyebox clearance should not be a problem. Great combination of scope and rifle, enjoy.

Thanks guys, just got the rings in and they are a perfect fit. Now I have to make up my mind on weather or not to coat them in Sniper Grey or leave them black.

The black rings can look pretty sharp. Of course, we're all wanting to see pictures once everything is mounted.

Here it is mounted with the rings still black. Brother in law talking about doing Cerakote soon, so will probably get them coated if he ever gets set up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,090
Wow! Very nice! That rifle looks GREAT. What do you think of the scope? Looks like a perfect combo.

I know from experience that you will be happy with the Leica:). I will be switching it from my RMR to the new custom once it is done. I will be placing my new Zeiss on my RMR 35 Whelen.

PS. Welcome to the forum I know that you will enjoy that as well.

Blessings,
Dan

I run Leupy Dual Doves and Med. Rings on my 280AI with my Z6 just barely enough room to clear the barrel and the eyebox. I really like the setup though.

Nice looking setup for sure! That Leica scope looks really classy on that M48 Nosler rifle. I am jealous, that is a killer setup!

Great looking, and about as capable as you could ever hope for on this side of the rock. Nice rig!

Hemi82

Welcome to the forum.
That's a mighty fine looking stick you have there, congratulations.

JD338

Back