Mule Deer Stew

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
Browned the meat this morning in pepper & garlic. Added carrots, tiny potatoes, onion, red cabbage, turnip and a couple of bay leaves. It's in the crockpot. :)

jvexAQWh.jpg

Making the whole house smell good.

Guy

It does look delicious, Guy. I have no doubt that the entire house is filled with the delectable aroma, which only makes the meal provided that much more delightful.

My wife make a stew very similar to yours minus the cabbage and turnips. I don’t now what she also throws in but it’s good (she even eats it). Last year I cut up 30+ pounds of stew meat for this very reason , it’s gooooood

My wife make a stew very similar to yours minus the cabbage and turnips. I don’t now what she also throws in but it’s good (she even eats it). Last year I cut up 30+ pounds of stew meat for this very reason , it’s gooooood
I didn't grind any of the mule deer doe. Steaks, roasts and lots of stew meat. :)

My sons really like it when I put the diced up chunks of venison in chili too. If I do that, I usually also put ground venison in the chili. I think that I like chili more than stew, but I like 'em both. Like any of our "one-pot" meals, it's easy to get at least two dinners out of it, even if my sons eat with us.

I'm glad that I enjoy cooking. Was real eager to get going on the stew when I got up this morning. That'll give it all day to cook... :)

Guy

Looks good, we’re having elk burritos tonight. Does not have your presentation that’s for sure. Simply ground elk, onions peppers and spices. I gotta learn to make stew like yours.

My sons really like it when I put the diced up chunks of venison in chili too. If I do that, I usually also put ground venison in the chili. I think that I like chili more than stew, but I like 'em both.
Very interesting , never thought of that.

Back