Never had this happen before!

R Flowers

Handloader
Oct 23, 2004
I sight in lots of rifles for people besides my own stuff, but I never had this happen before!

I bought a new Leupold 4.5X14X40LR scope for my 300 Wby Mag. I sold the 3.5 X 10 that was on it to a friend. I did not think I wanted a 30mm scope, but this is my third one now.

I put this scope on using Leupold dual dovetail rings and bases. I did not bother to bore sight it or anything. I did, however, lap the rings.

I went to the range this morning and shot it at 50 yards. It was dead on for elevation and 2 inches left. I moved the scope over and shot again. Dead on at 50!

I moved the target to 100 yards and shot. The bullet was dead on for windage and 1.5 inches high, just what I wanted !!!! I went ahead and shot a group and I was ready to go hunting. The gun was sighted in and I had never even taken the cover off the elevation knob!!

Never seen this before, sure is nice!

Maybe after mounting all those scopes and sighting in other peoples long guns the accuracy fairies decided to give you one for free :lol: . Never had it quite that good. Enjoy and be sure to keep that rifle/scope setup.

Long

Back