New Hodgdon powder!

Big Squeeze

Handloader
May 29, 2007
In the first part of 2011, Hodgdon will intro a new powder for reloaders that is designed to duplicate the performances of the Hornady Superformance ammo and the Leverevolution ammo. This Superformance ammo from Hornady chrony`d by Boddington launched a 165 gr bullet out of a 24" tubed 30-06 at just over 3000 fps.

Apparently Hodgdon and Hornady may have struck a deal to let the kitty out of the bag with this new stuff to make it available to us reloaders. We`ll just see how well it matches up to RL17 in "certain" cartridges.

Read about it "shootingtimes.com"

I am eager to try this out. I wonder how much they will raise the price over other H powders.

I have a sneaky suspicion that "Super Performance" duplicates "Light Mag". Same horse, different name.

Yote superformance is the new light mag but not as much pressure and same speed according to hornday.. I hope it comes out soon.. Love to see what speeds people can get with it.

I, for one, am looking forward to trying it. Especially on my .280! If it adds 100 or more fps then I'll definitely stick with the stock .280 and not AI the chamber at all.

Guys, I'm thinking this powder will be the ticket for our big bore lever rifles. My 450 may love this stuff. :grin: :grin:

l'm curios to see this. How can one blend of powder do this. Hornady claimed the powder was specifically blended for each cartridge/bullet combo. This was one way it didn't increase recoil.

Oh swell, and I just purchased 16 lbs of imr 4831 and 7829. But, you cannot have too much powder and primers right now.
Hardpan

hardpan":31ufdkwi said:
You cannot have too much powder and primers right now. Hardpan

I agree. I had to build an inventory sheet using Excel to keep track of what bullets (cal, type, and quantity), powder, brass, and primers I have on hand.

Richracer1":1n0tjrzd said:
I agree. I had to build an inventory sheet using Excel to keep track of what bullets (cal, type, and quantity), powder, brass, and primers I have on hand.
Here is my "black helicopter" comment - I would make sure that info is encrypted or stored some place that isn't on your main computer.

I don't think we'll ever have to worry about it but if we ever reach a point of confiscation, and/or internal conflict as I will call it, I don't want anyone knowing what I own or have when it comes to firearms, ammunition, and components.

Now that everyone just finished rolling their eyes at me...I'll go check my thumbdrive for any errors. :grin:

Scott
We may all be rolling our eyes but it's not because of what you're doing or saying. We all feel "BIG BROTHER" looking over our shoulders anymore. Hopefully this too shall pass.

To paraphrase a common saying, "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that the government is not your enemy."

DrMike":m4vjy26a said:
To paraphrase a common saying, "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that the government is not your enemy."

I always thought the quote was, "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you". :lol:

It would be nice to get more speed out of the 338! I don't know how much more is needed, but more is always better, right? Just kidding, I like to try out the new stuff. I still need to try out the 8028XBR. It has some great speeds for the 22-250! Scotty

I always thought the quote was, "Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you".

Rich,

I was appropriating and changing up to suit my view. :wink:

beretzs":1f9q7noh said:
It would be nice to get more speed out of the 338! I don't know how much more is needed, but more is always better, right? Just kidding, I like to try out the new stuff. I still need to try out the 8028XBR. It has some great speeds for the 22-250! Scotty

Get a .340 Bee!!

Back