New Leupold - Redfield

TBASTIAN

Handloader
Jul 1, 2006
Had a chance to stop in at the Leupold factory yesterday and got a look at the new Redfield scopes being made in Oregon, by Leupold. They're going to be a great addition to this price range of scopes. They have a lifetime warranty, look great, and will cost around $130. I was also able to grab one of the product catalogs for 2010. Definitely worth taking a look at.

TBASTIAN

What will the Redfield scope compare to, Rifleman, VX 1, VX 2?

JD338

JD338 -
It's totally different than anything Leupold currently does, but the glass is probably most similar to the Rifleman. This is Leupold's way a getting into the cheaper market, while still having a quality scope, and not diminishing their brand, from what I hear.

They look pretty sharp. Here's a look:
scan0002.jpg

You'll notice they're also already listed on Midway USA's website. Looks like they range from $130-$200, depending on model.

It is good to see the Redfield name in the business of providing scopes again. Leupold has done the shooting fraternity a real favour with this acquisition and provision.

My Dad has had two of the RedField scopes for quite sometime now.. since very early 70's possibly late 60's both 3X9... one has been mounted on his 7mag since day one without any issues what so ever..

TBASTIAN":2pdimcst said:
JD338 -
It's totally different than anything Leupold currently does, but the glass is probably most similar to the Rifleman. This is Leupold's way a getting into the cheaper market, while still having a quality scope, and not diminishing their brand, from what I hear.

They look pretty sharp. Here's a look:
scan0002.jpg

Anyway you could post the page with the Accu-Range Reticle Info????

Haven't seen any info on it yet .

Thanks

BTW it sucks there isn't a Widefield in that line

it is a cross hair or duplex I cant remeber but it has a circle around teh center and then a 2nd dot below it I think swfa has a shot of it

Thanks for the above info. and pardon me for not being as clear as could or should have in what I was looking for in my post above.

Have seen the pics of the Accu -Plex Reticle on the SWFA site and a couple of others.

It is a Duplex opps make that 4-Plex with Circle around it with a Dot on the thin part of the 4-plex between the circle and the thicker part of the 4-plex.

This is similar to the one Leupold has in ther catalog for the has for there ML Scope the Ultimateslam with the SABR Reticle which has 2 dots under the circle on it.

What I would like to know is How the one in the Redfield is suppose to work?

Is the top of the circle aiming point for x range,crosshair of the 4-plex X- range, bottom of circle for X-range and the Dot X-range??? 50 100 150 200 or what ???? With what calibers and loads???

Seeing as there website ain't up yet and there closed till after the hoildays thought the gentleman might be able to shed some light on that with that Catalog he picked up.

My bad it is the Accu Plex not Accu-Range :roll:

One place says Accu-Plex another Accu -Range I guess there are just too many Accu- ...... over the years with Redfield an renames LOL

Hopefully, this is what you were looking for. There's also an article in this month's Shooting Magazine.
Accu-RangeReticle.jpg

Same here, we have a few Redfields on shotguns and rifles. I still have an original 4X Widefield on a 7mm Rem Mag. It does not ever shift zero at all! It is a very strong piece of steel. It does lack for clarity and evening shooting compared to my Leupolds, but they are 20 years newer. I think the Redfields are going to be great scopes. Made by an excellent manufacturer with modern materials. Plus, they have alot of great features. I would like to put one on the 7mm Mag to replace the old 4X. It deserves some new optics to breath some life into it. Scotty

Back