New Sierra bullets

Guy Miner":3kmbmpio said:
FOTIS":3kmbmpio said:
The "most" I ever shot was 134 gr of H870 with a 300 gr Hornady RN in my 378 Bee. That was pleasant at 3030 fps and......6k+ foot pounds of energy. LOL

PERFECT deer & varmint load... (y)

Cool picture Guy!

Me thinks Fotis s 240 Bee will put a little stress on that 90 gr GC ...!!
It ll be at the 2500 fps threshold around 500-550 yds though... lol

frankm":12pwkt71 said:
Me thinks Fotis s 240 Bee will put a little stress on that 90 gr GC ...!!
It ll be at the 2500 fps threshold around 500-550 yds though... lol

Yeah, I'll say! I am sorta surprised Nosler hasn't gotten into the high BC game with their ABLR.. Seems like it might be a good spot with all of the clamor over 6mm today.

We will know on 25 September on antelope if the Bee likes them! George Samaras will be backing me up with his 6.5 Creed......

Besides, it will ONLY be going 1000 fps faster than the 2500 fps tested by Sierra.....LOL

Fotis, look at the bright side, if you see one within 200-300 yds U can do a 'sneak back' on them rather that a 'sneak in'! Hope that bullet has some thicker jacket on the heel.

That is called the Sierra stalk. You locate game and stalk away so the bullets don't blow up

FOTIS":1h0587d9 said:
That is called the Sierra stalk. You locate game and stalk away so the bullets don't blow up

:lol: :lol:
It's pretty easy to be stealthy walking forward, but backpedaling gets cumbersome..

Guys, I do have to tell you that I've taken a number of Elk with the 225 grain pro hunter out of my .338RUM and that bullet plows through everything including Elk Bones. The last Elk I took with that bullet was a 326 yard shot and went through the right front shoulder and ended up on the opposite side of the Elk. He dropped so fast that I lost him out of the scope.

Absolutely! The gamekings are the questionable type

Shooting mine today with RL 26. We will see.

Man I d say Guy. Pretty easy to see where that high BC comes from. Hope their accurate and easy to tune!

erikc838":3mr4zkoq said:
What is everyone's twist rate in their 6mm? Guessing the majority is 10.

9.125" in my .243 Savage. My wife's. 243 Mossberg Patriot might be a 10 twist? I'll have to check.

Edit: Mossberg is a 10 twist.

desertcj":1wrv4fy5 said:
erikc838":1wrv4fy5 said:
What is everyone's twist rate in their 6mm? Guessing the majority is 10.

9.125" in my .243 Savage. My wife's. 243 Mossberg Patriot might be a 10 twist? I'll have to check.

Edit: Mossberg is a 10 twist.

These bullets were not designed for us “10” folks. Even the 9.25 can be a little iffy. That is not saying they will be unstable. Good groups may still be attainable with both but you won’t be getting that .490 BC either

I think you re right about a 10 twist being a little slow but with 3400+ fps of velocity out of my 240 hopefully that rpm will get them to work and realize majority of rated BC.

Fotis playing with some right now and I believe he s got a 10 twist. Will be interesting!

Back