...new Swarovskis...

Gets better all the time. We are witnessing a paradigm shift in optical products during these past several years.

I think we'll start to see more of this -- scopes that blur the line between hunting and tactical, adopting some of the best attributes of both. If I could get past the price (which I can't) two detractions of this new model for me as a hunting scope are the weight (28 oz for the 3.5-18, and 30 oz for the 5-25) and the extremely tall turrets. For my usage, the configuration of the Bushnell LRHS scopes or March scopes (both looking like cross-over hunting/tactical scopes) are more practical, though I'm guessing these new Swaros will be popular for a lot of folks. There are a lot of cool things out there in the optics world right now, and more coming out all the time.

Will qualify the next statement by saying I love my Swarovski optics, but....they missed the boat on these IMO. The magnification range is right up the alley of the tactical guys that love the S&B PMII's, but these are 2nd FP scopes and won't appeal to them. Some of the Euro hunters will like these for the way they hunt there, but most NA hunters will not want something this big for hunting in terrains where air gets thin.

I think Swarovski needs to make a decision on what market(s) they really want to go after and not do a "me too" scope line.

Back