Newest edition to the safe!

DeerTracker

Handloader
Nov 19, 2010
Just traded a guy my beretta extrema 12ga for this...
null_zpsb209d918.jpg

null_zps2c7b6cf6.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. It's a model 70 stainless featnerweight 270 Win. She is a sweetheart! Can't wait to get out and shoot it. I'm thinking 130gr or 150gr partitions to try first.

What a classic rifle, DT! You've done well, indeed. I'm certain you're going to be pleased with the performance of this rifle. I know I do like my Featherweights.

DT,

Nice score, congratulations.
The 130 gr PT loaded up with H4831 or RL 22 should work well in your classic rig.
What glass are you going to mount?

JD338

Nice rifle, DT!

That's something I would run across... An ideal rifle in a chambering I don't really like (just like my Remington Ti, also a .270). Though I do have to say, an M70 Featherweight is the perfect platform for a .270.

Very nice DT.. That's a sweet rifle and cartridge right there.

Looking forward to seeing how you get it all set up. Those new 150 AB's are pretty decent out of my 270, they might make some lightning deer killers for your area. I know you have some tanks up in your hunting grounds.

Thanks guys. I'm still to sure what ill do for glass. Probably just keep it simple with a vx-2 3-9x40. Right now I have a sightron 3-9x40 put on it until I can rat hole some money for a new scope.

That is a real nice looking gun, I'm sure you have lots of 277 bullets from your other 270's but I'm with Scotty the new 150 gr ABLR's would be awesome in the country you live in.

DT, that is a great looking rifle and the calibre is among the best :mrgreen:. I have not had the privilege of owning a model 70 as you don't often find them in the left hand variety :(
I am sure that it will be a tack driver for you!!

Blessings,
Dan

I didn't use to be a stainless fan, but that's a pretty sweet lookin' rifle right there.

Congrats!

DeerTracker":86s7hlkp said:
Thanks guys. I'm still to sure what ill do for glass. Probably just keep it simple with a vx-2 3-9x40. Right now I have a sightron 3-9x40 put on it until I can rat hole some money for a new scope.

I can tell you a 6x42 Leupold will balance like a dream... :) Nice rifle!

DT,
Congrats on that M70 in 270 Win. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I really think you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to some reports on your load development and hunting season up in MT!
Joe

Back