No mulie this season

I just got home from the mountains. Long day of hunting, and neither a moose, a whitetail, a mulie nor a black bear followed me home today. My hunting partner picked off a thinhorn sheep and a mountain caribou; I got three grouse (two ruffies and one sharptail). It'll make a fine dinner one evening. Having said all that, just being in the mountains was worth it. Glad you got the time to be in the hills, Guy.

No joke guys. 9/10ths of it is simply being outside with rifle or bow in hand. Err a shotgun too!
Joe

EOD Diver":1isd2l9l said:
No joke guys. 9/10ths of it is simply being outside with rifle or bow in hand. Err a shotgun too!
Joe

Spot on mate! :grin:

Guy, while I wish you could've gotten a mature shooter buck I envy your time in the mountains. Good luck on your elk and whitetail hunts. I'm off next week to chase couse deer on the southern border.

Vince

You can't get much closer to our creator than to be in the Cathedral he built for us, on a mountain top,river bank or lake it just doesn't get any better than that. You were truly blessed to be able to have the experience of your latest outing Guy.

Thanks all. I've been taking this week off almost every year for the past 20 years. Sometimes I get a mulie buck, sometimes I don't. Batting about 50% or so on bucks, plus filling a few doe tags along the way.

Mostly though, it's been about time afield. With friends and family, or alone like it turned out this year.

Hunted a spot this year that I hadn't hunted in a long time, and hadn't ever seriously hunted. I really like it, and believe that had I hunted it on opening weekend, I may well have tagged a buck. Saw some, just couldn't get a shot at them.

I don't know if I'll have much chance of putting meat in the freezer this fall. The late elk season I mentioned is really short for me, have to be at work most of it. The late whitetail season I'm committed to helping two friends who are new to hunting. If I can get them on bucks, I'll be really happy. My son is also going on that trip, but he doesn't seem to need any help tagging a whitetail buck anymore. I'll likely toss a rifle in my gear, just in case I get a chance to do a little hunting, but mostly I'm going to be busy in November, helping a couple of other hunters to hopefully get their first deer.

Truck Driver - you're absolutely right. It's a great time & place to be afield, tagging a buck or not.

I'm hoping everyone enjoys their hunting season!

Regards, Guy

Guy
I know just how you feel, however you seem to be taking it much better than me. Good luck next month !!!

For some reason, it just ain't gonna happen! Try as we may, but gettin' out in game rich country is 90% of the trip anyway!

Good luck later on,

Back