Nosler B-tips

BuddyT

Beginner
Dec 9, 2012
Had touble last year with getting my rifle to shoot with a new box of Hornady 7mm 139 gr. SST. After measuring the base to ogive found a .010 difference between the bullets. Order three boxes of Nosler 7mm 140 gr. B-tips and found less than .003 between all three boxes. Pick up 2 boxes of the SST and first box had 2 differ lengths. One at 1.614 + or - .001 and 1.618 + or - .001. About 1/3 where at the shorter length. 2nd box measure at 1.614 + .001 and - .002. Boxes were of same lot number, Nosler was 2 boxes same lot number and 1 was different. I think this shows that Nosler is doing a great job at QC. Not sure how much this will help shoot better, but thought I would pass it on.
BuddyT

Nice to know, re Nosler's QC.

I've always found the Ballistic Tip to be an accurate bullet - in several different cartridges & rifles.

Regards, Guy

I haven't hunted with anything except a Nosler in...ohhhh, I dunno...25yrs? Yeah, I tried a variety at the range, just playing around to see what the latest and greatest might do, but I always seem to go back to my Tried & True.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If your rifle won't shoot a BT, then look at your load, your rifle, your sights...........don't blame the bullet.

Thanks, for the replies. I had move from Btips because of the price, when shooting a lot at paper and steel. Never had them preform bad on game, just was having trouble justifying shooting them at other stuff when there bullets in a box of 100 for the same price as two boxes of Btip. Guess I'll work up a load for hunting. Then find a load with Sierra Matchkings or Hornadys A Maxs for paper and steel.
BuddyT

Buddy,
Check out the prices at the Nosler shooter's shop (banner at the top of this page). They sell factory seconds and over runs. You'll like the prices and they shoot great, as they are only cosmetic blems.

It has been my finding that I like the terminal performance of the Ballistic Tip much better than the Hornady SST on deer and I have shot a lot with both bullets in many different calibers.

G'Day Fella's,

Buddy T, from the measuring I've done, it would appear most other bullet makers do a run of bullets on several machines, then combine ALL the bullets into one batch.
Nosler on the other hand, seem to do a run of bullets on one machine/set up and thats what we end up with!

Here is but one example of what this kind of QC results in (and I'm no BR shooter)!
018.JPG
Thank You Mr Nosler, thats why I use More Nosler bullets than any thing else!!!

Doh!
Homer

Gunner46 quote " I've said it before and I'll say it again. If your rifle won't shoot a BT, then look at your load, your rifle, your sights...........don't blame the bullet." (y) Amen.

BretN":10ocxvqo said:
Buddy,
Check out the prices at the Nosler shooter's shop (banner at the top of this page). They sell factory seconds and over runs. You'll like the prices and they shoot great, as they are only cosmetic blems.
(y) For sure. The blems let you shoot Nosler bullet for the price or less of inferior brands.

HomerOz":23jgyssp said:
G'Day Fella's,

Buddy T, from the measuring I've done, it would appear most other bullet makers do a run of bullets on several machines, then combine ALL the bullets into one batch.
Nosler on the other hand, seem to do a run of bullets on one machine/set up and thats what we end up with!

Here is but one example of what this kind of QC results in (and I'm no BR shooter)!

Thank You Mr Nosler, thats why I use More Nosler bullets than any thing else!!!

Doh!
Homer
Good shooting, mate!

Back