Nosler - Which Custom Load for .257 WBY Magnum?

TBASTIAN

Handloader
Jul 1, 2006
Nosler-
I'm considering both the 110 AccuBond and 115 Partition for use on Western Oregon Blacktails, and Idaho Whitetails. I'll be using them from 100-500 yards, shooting across clear-cuts, wheat fields and canyons. I'm currently shooting the 110 AccuBond in Weatherby factory ammo, but am interested in the difference between this and the Nosler Custom, as well as, the Nosler Custom with the 115 PT. I'm hoping for a bullet that will hold up well at 100 yards, but also work well at long ranges.
Any suggestions you could provide would be much appreciated! Thanks.
-TB

TBASTIAN

The 110 gr AB should hold up to close range shots. Try shooting one into 6-7 gallon mike jugs filled with water and lined up behind one another at 50-100 yds. The recovered bullet should give you the warm fuzzies! 8)

JD338

The AccuBond ammunition is shooting 3400 fps and the Partition at 3380. The impact velocity for the AB needs to be between 1600fps and 3000fps. While the Partition needs to be between 1800fps and 3200fps. What I am trying to say is that the PT is more forgiving at the upper end. I would recommend the PT at 100 yards.

JR,
Thank you very much. I will be in Bend tomorrow, on business, and plan to stop by Shooter's Pro-Shop to pick up a box. I appreciate your recommendation.
-TB

Back