Public land bucks. PIC HEAVY

pre6422hornet

Handloader
Jan 24, 2012
Pulled my cards yesterday and was very pleasantly surprised.

Seems I have a lot of legal, Pope and Young sized bucks hanging around. Can't wait for season.

Nice 8 pt

Nice group with a legal 9 point

Legal 8 point.

Different legal 8 point with a double beamed non typical

Another different 8 point

Mr. big boy. I have his matched set of sheds from last year.

Mr. big boy with his big brother

I think this is the same buck as in the above pic, but not sure.... HE is big.

Can't wait for hunting season. These boys don't get big by being stupid. This is on public land within 12 miles of Kansas City. This area is hard to hunt. They live on a north chunk of woods and with the south soutwest prevailing winds, it is impossible to even get in the woods without being busted. I am going to try something I tried last year and only hunt with a North, North west wind. I want to up my chances the best I can. It is a mile from the road to get to this spot and with it being foot traffic only, the deer don't get pressured much.

Man is my blood boiling. Sept 15 can't get hear soon enough...

Some very nice bucks, indeed. Man, we're all pulling for you, Pat. Trust you connect with a real dandy.

Nice bucks!
Hope you can score on them.

JD338

Big Boy and Big Brother are the stuff of dreams.

I'd be happy with one of the lesser bucks, but would put a lot of effort into securing one of those big racked bucks! Dang...

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Guy

Thanks guys I will give it the good old college try !!

Guy I am a meat hunter first, antlers second. I would be more than happy with any of the legal bucks. Actually the double beamed buck would be super cool.

But that wide son of a gun would look neat on the wall next to last years sheds as well.

Good luck, sure hope you get a crack at one of those Whitetails!'
There should be a good story & with photos :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

No doubt that Kansas has some big WT deer! I have seen several that score over 180 in magazines and TV. Good luck, Pat.

Good luck on tagging one of those bucks. I hope to see some photos in the future.

Back