QL 3.9 update and Enduron Powders

Partisan

Beginner
Aug 5, 2013
This morning I installed the Quickload 3.9 update that contains the Enduron Powder data.
The 2 Enduron powders I have experience with are IMR 7977 and IMR 4451.
Back checking my records, the predictions for IMR 7977 in the 7mm RemMag are pretty spot on to my own data less than +/- 10fps.
However the predictions for 4451 are way off to my own data in 338 Win Mag, 7mm RemMag, and 243 Win... More than 50 fps and way higher pressures.
The QL update show IMR 4451 with a significantly faster burning rate. Faster than IMR 4350. I find this difficult to believe. If I use an estimated burn rate slightly slower than H4350 then I am back to load predictions within a few fps of my observed data. I can't believe that the lot-to-lot variation is that much.

Anybody else see similar results?

Yes, but I did it the other way. :grin:
I loaded 4451 in a series of step ups for a 6.5x47. The results, as you have noted, were significantly slower than predicted. Not putting down 4451 at all, just noting the burn in QL is higher than what I saw in that rifle.
Fwiw, I think it is similar to how RL26 is figured in QL, which shows a real burn significantly different than the one used in the program.

Back