quickload ?

Duncan

Beginner
Dec 29, 2009
I was wondering on the quick load under the Cartridge section for the 300 win mag it has @ R F N and W listed after the cartridge is this for the type of case bing used for a load? it seems that is what it is for , just that I do not see this for other cartridge's listed.

POP why do you say Norma? I have some Nosler brass and want to work a load up with. I wanted to stay within the normal pressure range for my loads. Is their a way I can add Nosler brass to this?

what about the @ what is this for?

That is what the letters stand for......

WRFN

I think the @ is generic. Weigh your brass (average of 5 brass) and pm me your results.

I have some nosler brass I was going to use with berger 185 vld's and I used the "N" thinking it was for nosler. I just added nosler to the list and the outcome was pretty much inline with the norma brass.

the spread I have using RL-22 is 72.2 - 75.0 grains to stay in the normal pressure range with a rem 700 22" barrel

i'M being fussy about this becasue I have been having pressure problems some of my loads. that have been under the normal range but shoot real well. for instance the bergers would shoot one hole groups with 71.7 grains using ww brass.
and some would show signs in the mid range of a load data. also I had some case's getting stuck in the chamber

so what I'm doing now is starting all over with new brass and looking at the pressure more.

here is five nosler brass weights, with primers

If it were me, I would plug in W for the Nosler brass. :wink:

JD338

I would not sweat it. Remember QL is a reference only. Not a panacea. Start at the minimum and work up.

Back