R-26

I use RL26 with my 300 Weatherby and 180 grain Bullets. I get 3225fps and that is as close to factory ammo velocity as I know of with a 24" barrel. Of course, accuracy is good because there is no need to brag about fast and crappy sized shot groups.

I use RL26 with my 300 Weatherby and 180 grain Bullets. I get 3225fps and that is as close to factory ammo velocity as I know of with a 24" barrel. Of course, accuracy is good because there is no need to brag about fast and crappy sized shot groups.

I also use RL26 in 300WSM -190LRAB, and my 6.5x284 Norma -142 LRAB.
Very good accuracy and great velocity.

I use it in my 300wsm with 215 Bergers and get 2960fps in a 26" barrel. That is the same speed my buddy shoots his 300wm with 77grs of H-1000.

RL26 is the same to a .270W as RL25 is
To a 25/06 and RL15 is to a 35 Whelen.
" Leeding the pack"....... (y)

I guess part of the article didn't show up but what I found was interesting and this is it.

Alliant’s Tech Expert Talks about Reloder 26
What are the characteristics of Reloder 26? That question was answered recently by Paul Furrier who works for ATK, the parent company of Alliant Powders. Posting in our Shooters’ Forum, Paul writes:

“Reloder 26 is produced in Switzerland by our extremely capable partner Nitrochemie. I have seen it stated that they [it is] made by Bofors, so that is incorrect. I have also noticed people are equating … Reloder 26 to Reloder 25. Reloder 26 is definitely slower burning than Reloder 25, so there shouldn’t be any confusion there either.”

Speed and More Speed with RL 26
Think of Reloder 26 as a high-velocity powder for big cartridges. Furrier explains: “Reloder 26 is produced with Nitrochemie’s latest generation EI® process technology. This is the same impregnation coating process used to produce Reloder 17, Reloder 33, and Reloder 50 for us, and it is fantastic. Reloder 26 [offers] great ballistic efficiency, high bulk density so you can get more of the slow powder into the case to harness the energy, and decent, predictable extreme temp response. Reloder 26 is not as flat at temps as the TZ or Australian materials, but it is very manageable, usually in the 0.5 fps/°F range (depending on the application). Just as important, the pressure increases at hot are very manageable. We are using quite a bit of this RL26 powder in our Federal factory ammo due to the fantastic ballistics and accuracy.” — Paul Furrier, ATK

I like the stuff a lot. It has worked excellent in a BUNCH of cartridges and it is usually very accurate. I like the way it fits in the cases as well. Not quite so crunchy as H1000 or RL25 would be.

I have read that lots of shooters have been happy with RL-26. As soon as I am done with the 3 pounds of RL-25 that I have on my shelf, you know what is coming next. :mrgreen: If I could find them, I guess now is the time to start back ordering the RL-26

RL26 works great in my 280 AI. Great velocity, and the 150gn ABLR cut one ragged hole. So impressed with thia powder.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

d817720440e4cdd8402ae5e490d9f8ea.jpg

Results speak for themselves

That is some fine riflery and an enviable group you're showing us. Congratulations.

elkhunternm":2o5rcd0k said:
I use RL-26 in a .270 Win (160 gr NP),.25/06 (100 gr NBT) and .300 Wby (180 gr NP).

Man I have got to stop reading these RL 26 threads :lol: What kind of speed is you 270 Win 160 gr Partition load getting?

brikwhitt":2o5rcd0k said:
d817720440e4cdd8402ae5e490d9f8ea.jpg

Results speak for themselves

It just doesn't get any better than than, great load you have there.

I realise that, I was asking the question of elkhunternm sorry for the confusion.

It appears RL 26 does great in the 280 AI as well.

Oh sorry then, my apologies. It works great for my 280AI anyway. I was thrilled to stumble upon that load so quickly. It's a new custom rifle, and last weekend I worked up a load for it. Seems every load shot well, but when I shot 60.5gn loads, it was the bee's knee's. Chisled that one in stone. Thats the fastest I've ever developed a load for a rifle.

That is an amazing load you have there. Your gun a a great shooter and it looks like you can shoot too.........

gerry":tz1bm4g3 said:
I realise that, I was asking the question of elkhunternm sorry for the confusion.

It appears RL 26 does great in the 280 AI as well.
I'm getting 2850 fps with the 160 gr NP from a 22" barrel.

Back