Range Finder ?'s

TRIC

Beginner
Dec 14, 2005
Looking to buy a Range Finder and give myself time to get more than familiar with it prior to next hunting season. Looking at cost less than $1200, easy to use, light weight, accurate and clear. Any suggestions?

JD338":3arv1z2t said:
Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30.

JD338

Absolutely! I used it for the first time this year. It ranged antelope at 1120 yards!

I have a Leica. I like it but if I had the money it would be the Swaro or if you wanted to combine the range finder with binocs maybe the Leica U's.

Long

Swarovski !!!

It is value for money and once You get one, You will never look back.

It took me a long time to make my choice because I wanted to make the right choice first time.

You guys are killing me. I have a Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 on backorder from Cabelas. Thinking about calling and change my order.

Woodycreek":awhw7kv9 said:
You guys are killing me. I have a Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 on backorder from Cabelas. Thinking about calling and change my order.

Nothing wrong with the Leica, just that the Swaro is better. :wink:

JD338

I have worked with both. I own the swaro......

Woodycreek":3pxiilts said:

Woody, If this will make you feel better, Leica has better ranging system than the Swaro. I hate those ghost ring on the Swaro. I would have traded mine if not for it's long ranging capability and crystal clear optics.

Desert Fox":1slb3x9s said:
Woodycreek":1slb3x9s said:

Woody, If this will make you feel better, Leica has better ranging system than the Swaro. I hate those ghost ring on the Swaro. I would have traded mine if not for it's long ranging capability and crystal clear optics.

Desert Fox,

What do you mean "ghost ring"?

JD338

The Leica on Cabelas customer review was rated as a really good all around unit. The Swarovski was rated very good also. But the Swarovski had some complaints about the large size of the unit and the "red circle thingy". :lol:

Woodycreek

Let us know how you like the Leica when you get it.

JD338

OK guys, have read all suggestions. Have also been doing additional searching and have more questions. All of these range finder companies have lifetime guarantees on there spotting scopes, binos, and rifle scopes, but none of them go beyond 2 years on range finders!!! What gives????? Why should I put out 600 - 1200 bucks for a 2 year guarantee??? Please explain....

Electronics.
They are subjest to shock, vibration, moisture ect. and if not prpoerly cared for, they will fail.

JD338

JD338":12r8p2p5 said:
Electronics.
They are subjest to shock, vibration, moisture ect. and if not prpoerly cared for, they will fail.

JD338

Truer words have not been spoken!

The Leica Rangemaster CRF 1200 worked great in Iowa. I ranged alot of deer out around 1000 yards and a small car at 1552 yards. And optics the are great!

Back