Range report 25-06 and 6mm

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Got a chance to shoot the new toys again today.
The 6mm Rem did nit care for the 95 gr BT's or the 100 grain PT's .
However with the 85 gr Sierra BTHP Gamekings it did .450" at 100 yards. The load of 46 gr of H4350 yielded 3240 fps. Plenty of speed.

IMAG0055.jpg

The 25-06 did well also with 110 gr Accubonds and 58 gr of RL 25. about 3200 fps and .7" at 100 yards.

IMAG0056.jpg

Not too shabby.

The biggest disappointment was the 378 WBY. Everything was two in 1 hole or 2 touching and then the other out between 1-2".
This included me cooling the tube off for the 3rd shot!

I tried 300 AB.... 260 AB..... 270 TSX.... and 270 Hornady Spire points.

Any ideas? It is pressure pointed from the factory. Never touched.

Great groups! The 378 sounds like a real beast.

I'm sure you know this, but I have had good luck when it throws one out to seat the bullets deeper.

Well, if it were me shooting, I'll tell you what the problem with the .378 would be... me cringing right before I pulled the trigger!

So far I am pleased. But before I am satisfied I will have to reverify.

POP - Good to see ole kool-blue working out well - that is a darn sweet looking fire-stick.

That darn pressure point always has to make a guy wonder....???
Darn if you do, darn if you don't

POP -
Was there a consistent direction that the third shot was from the first two....above, below or to the side? It could be the pressure point if you still have one on the Bee. I haven't tried any R 25 with the 110 AB up to this point (have tried R 22). Found a load with R 19 that shot very well, but have not had it over a chroney. It does not fill the case as full as I would like, so I may have to get some 25 to experment with. The 6mm groups look good for just starting load work. Too bad on the BT loads, my hunting buddy uses the 90 grain for his wife's 6mm (older BDL) and says it shoots great for her. Don't know what his load is, but can find out for you if interested.

257 Ackley":1jnl8r9l said:
POP -
Was there a consistent direction that the third shot was from the first two....above, below or to the side? It could be the pressure point if you still have one on the Bee.

Nope pretty much all over for the 3rd shot.

Fotus,

Nice shooting.
Post a picture of the 6mm Rem rifle mounted up with glass.

JD338

Way to go Pop. Cool blue is doing her work just fine. You should give those 90 gr. E-tips a try!! :mrgreen: :shock:

I will eventually. For now I will have to re-verify the groups so I can start sleeping at night again.

As for the 378 bee.................. :evil: :cry: :!:

ok has anyone verified what the new 257 gmx weight will be?

Grafs and Midway list it as 110 hornady lists the same part # as 90 I would assume 90 but ?????????

Hey pop try some RL17 in that 25 .06 it will shine and would probably work well in the 6 too

Hornady Gilding Metal Expanding Bullets 25 Caliber (257 Diameter) 110 Grain GMX Boat Tail Lead-Free Box of 50

From Midway's site

nitis":38tjrqq9 said:
ok has anyone verified what the new 257 gmx weight will be?

Grafs and Midway list it as 110 hornady lists the same part # as 90 I would assume 90 but ?????????

Hey pop try some RL17 in that 25 .06 it will shine and would probably work well in the 6 too

I will try some

nitis":1bdgscff said:
http://www.hornady.com/store/25-Cal-.257-90-gr-GMX/

same mfg # ???

I remember seeing this switch on hornadys site over the summer as I awaited the release of the 110s

I bet they had a hard time getting the 110s to stabilize in std twist rifles

I think this is why they opted for a flat base in lieu of a boattail.

JD338":3vnur1r3 said:
Fotus,

Nice shooting.
Post a picture of the 6mm Rem rifle mounted up with glass.

JD338

Here you go

SV102760.jpg

Back