Range report 25-06 and 6mm

The other is the Custom Deluxe 25-06 26" barrel from the custom shop.

Actually I was just discussing the same thing with JD 338 over the phone. The Mark X trigger even better that what came with the original 700's was in fact quite heavy. I took it down to 2.5" and my groups did get better. that said I did not shoot the 95 BT with the adjusted trigger. Just the 85 SBT and the 100 partitions.

The 100 PT did 2" at best, so yes no luck with the PT's Boolit! :cry:

POP":3c37z890 said:
Actually I was just discussing the same thing with JD 338 over the phone. The Mark X trigger even better that what came with the original 700's was in fact quite heavy. I took it down to 2.5" and my groups did get better. that said I did not shoot the 95 BT with the adjusted trigger. Just the 85 SBT and the 100 partitions.

The 100 PT did 2" at best, so yes no luck with the PT's Boolit! :cry:

Nough, to make a grown man cry!! :cry:

Yo, that 6mil, what twist is it...10?

Hey Pop,
Ever try 38 grains of IMR 4064, with a 85 or 87 grain bullet? Hornady Interbond?

No sir I have not.

Maybe you have something there.

:wink:

The reason I asked is I was given that load from a guy who said it worked well in any .243 he tried it in.. but you are a 6mm.. guess it wouldn't hurt to try. :wink:

For now I will stick to the 85 SBTHP at 3280 fps or so. In 1 month my boy and I will try them out on Texas hogs. After that I might play with other possibilities.

I'm glad we don't have hogs here yet, but I would love to be able to hunt some critters like that year round!

Good luck with the smurf gun. Sounds like some good father son time.

I miss Greece when it comes to hogs....Just like Texas

The 90 gr would be fun to try IF my little 250 will open 'em up. But what I really want toknow is hwen will the 75 Gr. V-max be ion the shelf again. I havent seen any for at least a year? You might want to keep that 25-06. Looks promising/real good. CL

Those are some good groups out of your 25-06. Might have to look at the Accubonds for mine. I would think Retumbo and RL25 are pretty close in burn rate, so maybe I can make it shoot yet! Scotty

Back