Range report 25-06 and 6mm

I spoke with hornady today and they told me the gmx is a 90 gr bullet with a bc of .390

yeah the original plan was supposed to be a 110 but he said it just didnt work out. I assume that meant it was too long to stabilize in standard barrels but the 90 has a descent bc and if it can be pushed harder than the etip they may have something that could be a good crossover bullet

I noticed one box of 25 cal. GMX at Bass Pro a month or so ago and I would have swore it was 110 grain. I got Sinclair catalog the other day, just checked and it lists 110 grain GMXs. Hornady just up and changes it. Glad I didn't waste $200 in load development. I'd be pretty mad. I don't believe stabilizing it is an excuse. I was stabilizing 130s in a 257 Bee. Maybe no one was buying them. Cabela's list them as 110s.

no disrespect Jim but I doubt you saw 110 gmx they were probably interbonds

Anyway if they actually did produce some 110s and release them they most certainly would have changed the mfg number

I believe that hornady released the original planned 110 and the number and then in turn changed to the 90 thats why it is a 90 on hornadys site either way they are now 90s

Back