Red Dot on the Ronin

Man that is a nice looking set up.
Accuracy is pretty impressive too.

JD338

Great looking pistol.
Don't know what pound recoil spring you have in it but heavy loads will beat up the frame and slide since too light a recoil spring will cause the slide to bottom out and slam the frame. Loads need to be tuned to the recoil spring to protect the gun and for function.
I shoot 4.3grs of WST with a 185gr JHP( Nosler competition, Zero and Hornady) (750fps) and also with Zero 185gr LSWCHP, 185gr-200gr cast lead SWCs in my custom match 1911s with a 12lb recoil spring. Your 8gr load of power pistol is probably right around 1050fps.
There is a reason why the old GI 1911 rattles when you shake it.o_O

Last edited:
Great looking pistol.
Don't know what pound recoil spring you have in it but heavy loads will beat up the frame and slide since too light a recoil spring will cause the slide to bottom out and slam the frame. Loads need to be tuned to the recoil spring to protect the gun and for function.
I shoot 4.3grs of WST with a 185gr JHP( Nosler competition, Zero and Hornady) (750fps) and also with Zero 185gr LSWCHP, 185gr-200gr cast lead SWCs in my custom match 1911s with a 12lb recoil spring. Your 8gr load of power pistol is probably right around 1050fps.
There is a reason why the old GI 1911 rattles when you shake it.o_O
Yes, sir you are correct. Spring is the factory one that came in it. That's why I stopped at 8grs and because it grouped descent. I haven't shot it much since developing this load. Appreciate your information. Dan.

Your welcome Dan just trying to help out. Lots of people don't know and shoot too heavy of loads in handguns that damage them and then blame the gun for being poorly made when they brake.
I have no idea how many thousands of reloads I have thru my Custom .45acp but none of them have been heavier than the standard factory loads with a 18lb recoil spring.

Back