Remington 673 Guide 6.5 mm Rem Mag

I think I found Utopia.
JDPictures048.jpg

6.5mm Rem Mag with a 130 gr AB, 59.0 grs of RL 22, R-P case and the GM215M primers produced the following from the 22" barreled M673 Guide rifle.
JDPictures049.jpg

3004, 3013, 3005 for an average 3007 fps
JDPictures050.jpg

ES 9
JDPictures052.jpg

SD 4
JDPictures051.jpg

Group went .372" at 100 yds
JDPictures053.jpg

JD338

I'm bummed out for you. Nevertheless, you have a sweet rifle in that 673.

Jim, that is EXCELLENT buddy! What a confidence booster that is! Man, that rifle has come a long way huh! Seems like it is breaking in excellent now!

Do you still have it shimmed up? Just wondering. I have my 264WM shimmed up right now and I think if the 130gr AB's shoot consistently MOA at 3300+, I will quit messing with it for awhile. Don't wanna shoot it out before I get to hunt with it!

Also, man, those 130's are DEEP in there eh! Wow, I thought mine were planted deeply!

Again, awesome shooting buddy, sorry to hear about the antelope draw for you. What is plan B? Scotty

Jim,
That is impressive shooting. I love that stock on the 673. It should prove to be a fast handling rifle.
Great caliber in the 6.5.

Don

Jim-That thing is shooting lights out! Bummer about not gettin a tag :x . You might have to smoke a WT with it just to get it bloddy. Its amazing how they get better looking to as they start shooting better isn't it. I mean that thing lookd great to start with, but now, you got your self a keeper for sure!

Thanks fellas.
I will shoot one more time this coming week with and without the shim.
I am thinking I will need to do a bedding job.

JD338

Jim you are glowing like a proud dad! :p Nice job! I bet recoil was not much. That Remington really is nice looking.
David

Jim,
You've made a tack driver out of a utility rifle without ruining the lines or natural beauty of that classic. Fantastic job. I think you just drove up the price on 673s in 6.5 though :wink: Who'd of thunk!
Greg

Badazz!

Nice chrono BTW!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I ran a few loads through the 6.5mm RM and the bedding has indeed helped settle her down a bit.
I tried RL 19 with the 130 gr AB, 57.0 grs averaged 3006 fps ES 11 SD 6. Accuracy was .617". The velocity was still lower than I had hoped for.
I will give RL 19 a try with the 125 gr PT and also give Magpro a try, if I can ever find it.

For now, I am ready to field test the 130 gr AB, stay tuned...

JD338

Jim -
you will have to let me know if you can't find MagPro before my next trip through your state and I will deliver some along with those famous Partitions that are so hard to find :p .

Nothing wrong with that accuracy. You're definitely headed in the right direction.

Very nice Jim. Seems like that 6.5 is running right on track. That should be a ton of fun in the deer woods and I can't imagine deer would like that 130gr AB at 3000.. Can't wait to see what the 264WM does with the 130's at 3350 or so. Should be pretty exciting. Hoping to knock a few deer off this year with the 264. Scotty

Nice shooting, looks like you found a great load, 3000 fps with the 130's from a 22" barrel sounds really good. Will be interesting to see how the 125 gr PT will do with RL 19.

Jimmy D that is a fine looking group and even better looking rifle. The way that rifle is shooting I would be hard pressed to do any thing different. At that speed 100fps won't make to much difference.

Bill

Back