Remington XP-100 chambered in 308 Winchester (The Dirty Thirty)

Personally, I have never been a fan of the Striker.
It stock makes the action set to high, the stock is awkward, the trigger is average at best to yuck. I feel this way regardless if it was a rh or a lf bolt.
I couldn’t agree more with your assessment. The stock grip and wide trigger face are my gripe. Not a very accurate handgun at the moment. That is why I’m upgrading the barrel to a McGowen prefit.
Before buying this one I was on the look for a Weatherby CFP. There only a few out there for sale and prices were high. So this Striker came along at a very good price , so I bought it.

I have seen some exceptionally accurate Striker's. I have also seen subpar accuracy. The pre-fit should solve your problems. McGowen barrels have been very good to me in terms of accuracy. Is yours a laminated or tupperware stock? The flexing of the tupperware stocks can be a issue, and I have seen that be a problem too. I know some guys have reinforced theirs...I am not sure how they did it though.
I wish they had come out with a single-shot, and used regular steel instead of pot metal with the trigger. The whole gun would have been more ergonomic and user friendly.
I had a guy contact me about a Striker he has for sale - 243 Winchester I think

Thread on my 22GT, that I mentioned above:

Is yours a laminated or tupperware stock?
Yep , the cheap plastic.

Just saw that Savage has a pistol which is left-bolt, right-eject. Thennn, they figured they needed to make it tacticool with an M-LOK fore end, pic-rail back end (for a sling, I think), and threaded (I assume for a suppressor). Still, the price is less than a mortgage payment (only a bit) and while it may be silly, it claims to accept ACIS pattern magazines. So, should I even need a bolt-action 308 pistol with a 10 round mag to go hunting, I'll know where to look. Seriously, though, Savage makes good stuff, generally, and it isn't as expensive, and I might find a use for some of those cool-guy bits.

Just saw that Savage has a pistol which is left-bolt, right-eject. Thennn, they figured they needed to make it tacticool with an M-LOK fore end, pic-rail back end (for a sling, I think), and threaded (I assume for a suppressor). Still, the price is less than a mortgage payment (only a bit) and while it may be silly, it claims to accept ACIS pattern magazines. So, should I even need a bolt-action 308 pistol with a 10 round mag to go hunting, I'll know where to look. Seriously, though, Savage makes good stuff, generally, and it isn't as expensive, and I might find a use for some of those cool-guy bits.
I hope Savage did their homework on this new one. The Striker in my opinion was rushed along a little to quick.

Gunbroker has them for just over $880.
In my opinion it is Savage's walk around the SBR. The 10.5 barrel length gives it away.
Good thing about the Savage is it's ability to change out barrels easily. Most factory specialty pistols with that size action, are going to run 14-16" barrels.
That threaded barrel will handle self-timing muzzle brakes as well.
The Creed or the 308 would work

That set-up should not have the problems the Striker did.
Hunting what game? Deer?
Average distance?

That set-up should not have the problems the Striker did.
Hunting what game? Deer?
Average distance?
Typically, I hunt deer, and where I hunt I've never seen one past 125 yards (I'm sure they're there, but those darned trees). Yes, I could use a scoped 44 at that range, I suppose, but I would love to hunt the west again - pronghorn, mulie, shoot... even elk. Ohhhhhh.... or yotes...

Typically, I hunt deer, and where I hunt I've never seen one past 125 yards (I'm sure they're there, but those darned trees). Yes, I could use a scoped 44 at that range, I suppose, but I would love to hunt the west again - pronghorn, mulie, shoot... even elk. Ohhhhhh.... or yotes...
The 308 or the Creed can easily kill deer at that range, even with a 10.5" barrel.
How far do you feel comfortable hunting in open country?

The 308 or the Creed can easily kill deer at that range, even with a 10.5" barrel.
How far do you feel comfortable hunting in open country?
Never done it, so I couldn't give you an accurate answer, I don't think. Sorry. Truth is, where I live, there isn't much cause to shoot out very far.

Appreciate your honesty.
With that savage bolt rig the Creed or the 308 would still be with what I would go with.
There is a much cheaper SP option, but it is a break-open action.
6.5 Creed.
Of course. I only lie to my boss ;)

I would not be opposed to a single-shot. I can't conceive of the difference between a single shot bolt and a single shot break action. Okay, I can, but it is probably only the sort of thing that matters to a shooter more skilled than I. Do you know if you can change the barrels on those CVAs as you can with the TC? Of course, I suppose if that's what I wanted, I should just buy a TC.

The bolt specialty pistols are easier to shoot and typically more accurate than break open designs.
Bolt rigs are also a stronger action than the break-open, you can free-float the barrel, and have a faster lock-time.

Back