Rex's Utah Mule Deer Taken With Accubonds

hightopoutfitter

Beginner
Oct 9, 2008
Opening day of the Utah General Season Southern Region rifle deer hunt Rex Scott found his buck in the pines on a steep North face.

With 2 small openings available for a shot he put the 180 grain Nosler Accubonds right where they needed to be. At 220 yards Rex shot the buck 2 times. The buck was down.

Rex was using his Browning A-Bolt .300 WSM with a Leupold VX-3 Scope. Rex's buck is a 5X4 that is 26 inches wide. Congratulations to Rex on a great 2009 buck.

Rex4.jpg

Rex3.jpg

That's gonna look awful good hangin' over the fire place!!! Nice! Looks like good time and good company! CL

That is a good looking buck, it looks like Nosler helped out again :lol:

Good shooting, I was happy to see the young fellows there with you.

Blessings,
Dan

Great buck! A 26" wide 5x4 with what appears to be good mass. A worthy trophy class mule deer for sure. I'd take him in about a half a heartbeat!

Two shots from a .300 WSM with 180 gr Accubonds, at a modest 220 yards... Excellent cartridge. Excellent bullet. People just don't always believe how tough these big mature mulies can be. I'm not surprised it took a couple of shots to finish things. It often does!

Congrats to the hunter & all the crew!

A fine trophy by all rights and something to be proud of as it hangs on the wall for all to share.
Greg

Back