Rifle upgrade/build....in stages

The single biggest improvement I saw in accuracy was the move from the SPS stock to the AICS 2.0. People tend to shy away from them because of cost, but it's a false economy. The AICS 2.0 you don't have to pillar bed / float or send to a smith and pay them to do the work. It comes with the bottom metal/mag system, so you don't have that separate purchase. It also has cheap mag options.. I have several AI and C Products aftermarket mags and they all run flawlessly. It took about 10 minutes to bolt on and I was up and running. (I also love the ability to adjust the cheek rest.)
This is the same reason why I choose the AICS against any other stock.... besides the cool factor of course.

DSC01943.jpg

first to answer your feeding question the 22-250 will feed fine in a badger or any other 308 style magazine system. if going to an ai chambering you will want a center feed magazine. i haVE a-5 mcmillan on my 6.5-284 and like it but i would also look at the the a-3 for your short action. manners makes a great stock as well in my opinion i would spend the money on the mcmillans or manners before i spent less on a bell and carlson. i am a mcmillan fan having an a5 a4 htg and an a3 sporter i can say that i am more than happy with the quality mcmillan has. finally when building a rifle get the best scope you can afford i think the scope is more important than any other component the further you get from the muzzle.

So tell me about the A4 McMillan. I have an A3 and an A3 Sporter, but I'm always looking for the next stock. I was thinking it would probably be an A5, but options are always good...

Certainly a straight forward process. Well produced video they posted.

BK":152fez60 said:
So tell me about the A4 McMillan. I have an A3 and an A3 Sporter, but I'm always looking for the next stock. I was thinking it would probably be an A5, but options are always good...

i had a mcmillan a4 on my 338 ultra. its not as wide as the a5 but the forearm is deeper than an a5. the marine corps was using it on there sniper rifles and they could still be using it. i liked it alot and think it is a great stock for large caliber rifles.

Had a package waiting on the doorstep for me when I got home from work today....thought I'd post some pictures of my new Manner's T5A with mini chassis system. From my initial inspection it is a freaking awesome stock! By far the most comfortable stock my hands have had the pleasure to be on. Can't wait to get out and shoot it and see how it does in improving accuracy on my 22-250.

Sorry the pictures aren't great...cell phone camera and it's rain/snowing outside (miserable NW weather!)

The flash kind of made the color a little weird...I'll try and get some better pics up when I can.

Now I just need to save up for a scope upgrade, I'm thinking a Vortex 6-24x50 PST would be appropriate on it. Coyote's beware!!!! :mrgreen:

I recently put that scope on my HB Swift. Haven't shot it yet, though.

shoots_5":2nv2ms83 said:
Had a package waiting on the doorstep for me when I got home from work today....thought I'd post some pictures of my new Manner's T5A with mini chassis system. From my initial inspection it is a freaking awesome stock! By far the most comfortable stock my hands have had the pleasure to be on. Can't wait to get out and shoot it and see how it does in improving accuracy on my 22-250.

Sorry the pictures aren't great...cell phone camera and it's rain/snowing outside (miserable NW weather!)

The flash kind of made the color a little weird...I'll try and get some better pics up when I can.

Now I just need to save up for a scope upgrade, I'm thinking a Vortex 6-24x50 PST would be appropriate on it. Coyote's beware!!!! :mrgreen:

Wow, looks very nice buddy! I like that alot!

Thanks guys. I'm really happy with it so far! Thought I'd show off some better pics I was able to grab today as the snow melted....shows the actual color a bit better than the previous ones. Feeding from the detachable mag is smooth and no hiccups so far. Haven't shot it, just doing some function testing this morning. Mounted up a cheap cabelas pine ridge scope I had laying around just to have something on top of it until I can order the PST.

Did some dry firing with it today from prone and felt more locked in and stable than I think I ever had shooting prone. Also felt much less fatigue from being in that position.

At some point I'm thinking about having the barreled action cerakoted in sniper grey, and having a tactical bolt knob installed and probably having the bolt fluted at that time as well. If only money was just laying around....

After having to cancel my spring damage control elk hunt I had planned for this week I decided that I wouldn't be needing my 300 H&H until next fall at the earliest so I pulled the VX3 4.5-14x40LR off of it and mounted it up on the 22-250. When I bought it I had Leupold install a TMR reticle and M1 knobs on it. Should be a good combo on this rifle until I get the funds to put a dedicated scope on it. I'm hoping to get out sometime this week and shoot it after upgrading the stock and scope. Picked up a box of 40 grain varmageddon tipped bullets to test out in it as well.

Back