Savage ML ?

Tiny

Beginner
Nov 2, 2004
Anybody here got one and use the Nosler Sabots and Bullets in it?
Loads & Results?

I have one but have not used nosler products much. I shoot it sooooo much I tend to use products that I can buy in bulk. MMP sabots are the best for the savageML2, they have a new formulation that holds up better. You also will need to use .451 or .452 bullets as the .44 stuff can't take the heat, the sabots blow because they are too thick.

I have some 45 cal nosler partitions in 300 grain that shoot OK but only with lower power loads, for some reason the open base bullets seem to cause problems with a majority of shooters who try them.

Right now the 250 and 300 grain SST is the bullet of choice for many ML2 users, they are borderline on the to quick to expand side though at the speeds ML2 shooters are pushing them. My ML2 will group the 250SST inside of 1 moa about every time with 3 shots. This is at 2400 fps.

I would LOVE to see a 250 grain real thick walled Balistic Tip or bonded bullet in .452 come out in boxes of 50.....lots would sell as the ML2 croud would go ape over this oportunity to have better penitration and bullets in bulk.

Back