What You Got For Christmas

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
This year I finally got very useful gifts from the family.
CVA VariFlame Conversion Kit for ML
CEB in .375 330gr MTH (both kids stockpiled me)
Scope bubble levels
Battery load tester
New creeper for the shop
Raiders beating the Chiefs
All in all it was a great day (even 50*)

My wife and I have been blessed with two great kids and three rambunctious grandsons. Christmas has really been focused on the family gatherings and the wonders of Santa Claus through the eyes of the little guys. We have the things in life that we really need/want and decided to not exchange gifts with each other a few years ago. Watching our grandsons tear through all that wrapping paper is all the gift-giving that we need.

We love Christmas!

My wife and I have been blessed with two great kids and three rambunctious grandsons. Christmas has really been focused on the family gatherings and the wonders of Santa Claus through the eyes of the little guys. We have the things in life that we really need/want and decided to not exchange gifts with each other a few years ago. Watching our grandsons tear through all that wrapping paper is all the gift-giving that we need.

We love Christmas!

We have our two young grandchildren now also.
Our Grandson is the oldest at almost two, and he had so much fun this year!
My wife, and I have discussed not exchanging gifts, but I just can't, not have something for her to unwrap on Christmas morning. Like you we have most of what we want or need, or we get it ourselves, but I just have to have something even if it is small for her.
Being with our Family has become the priority as it should be, and as it was originally intended.

It will be about 3-4 weeks before it comes in but we ordered in a Redding 6.8 Western body die for my present. My chamber is a bit tight like gunsmiths usually do so this will help size the brass body down to factory dimensions. Should help with sizing down 300 WSM too if needed.

Last edited:
I got something I've been needing for a long time, a nice, big, craftsman rollaway toolbox. For years all my tools have been scattered in numerous smaller toolboxes. Just try finding a socket like that! But finally now I can get them all in one spot and organized.
More important though, a couple of months back my wife was in intensive care basically in a coma from a sugar problem. She's fought diabetes for years. Then I had a heart attack at home alone out in the sticks. I was able to call 911 and the emt's took me to the emergency room where they told me I had or was having a heart attack. Being just a small rural country town hospital they were not equipped to treat me so they sent me to another hospital over a hundred miles away. I was there for a week but they saved me.
My son came and got me and took me home. "Home" now that's a word for the ages. I've spent so much time in hospitals the last couple of years that home finally, really, means something. Like a good fire when it's freezing outside. And my wife was there. And the cats. And all the horses were fine too. On the way we stopped and bought several bags of boiled peanuts. And my son, my wife, and me, just simply sat around and ate boiled peanuts and talked. And it was good to be there.
And so far we've all been healthy with no hospital visits since. And that's all I could ask for.

Back