Scope suggestions

When I'm having a rough day at work, I come re-read this thread from start to finish, and I'm ALWAYS laughing out loud till I'm done!

The thread is good for generating a hearty laugh. In all seriousness, though, we need to see Tom get a decent scope.

DrMike":3ep6dajk said:
The thread is good for generating a hearty laugh. In all seriousness, though, we need to see Tom get a decent scope.

I've got my hunting rifles rigged with, in no particular order, a VX7, a Conquest, a Minox, and an old rifle that was my dad's has a K4.

It's not like I'm hunting with a Tasco Golden Antler.... lol.

No Swarovski? Tom, you have no idea what you are missing. Consequently, I'm looking at the new Zeiss Conquest Duralyte scopes; they are really bright and clear.

DrMike":162rqjxq said:
No Swarovski? Tom, you have no idea what you are missing. Consequently, I'm looking at the new Zeiss Conquest Duralyte scopes; they are really bright and clear.

I was looking at a Z3, possibly, although it would seem the Leica has a leg up on them....

I have come up with a use for the Tasco Golden Antler scope. One can always use them as a club to finish off wounded geese with a rap to the head of geese that have fallen on the field but only you are too squeamish to wring their necks! Just a thought?

Oldtrader3":3mbhdpoq said:
I have come up with a use for the Tasco Golden Antler scope. One can always use them as a club to finish off wounded geese with a rap to the head of geese that have fallen on the field but only you are too squeamish to wring their necks! Just a thought?

Maybe, but you'll only get 3or 4 geese in and that tube's gonna fail....

lol

I have come up with a use for the Tasco Golden Antler scope. One can always use them as a club to finish off wounded geese with a rap to the head of geese that have fallen on the field but only you are too squeamish to wring their necks!

Charlie, tried it once. Alas, it quickly dented the scope, rendering it unusuable.

DrMike":382i60vz said:

Am I the only one here who recognizes how much class Dr. Mike has ?

Dr Mike, a friend bought a 2-8 x 42 illuminated # 60 Duralyte (when it is off it is the same as the # 6.) she said she got it pretty cheap, somewhere around 1300 dollars from memory.

She really likes it but I have not seen it yet. Should be worth a look as I know she is pretty picky about the scopes she uses

Scotty, Breakfast was my pleasure, your welcome LOL

Aleena, 30mm tube, newer HT glass and objective size I can enjoy--what's not to like? I don't know that they will replace Swarovskis in my safe, but as a test on some rifles they may well be worth a look.

Africa Huntress":9sidelx8 said:
DrMike":9sidelx8 said:

Am I the only one here who recognizes how much class Dr. Mike has ?

Dr Mike, a friend bought a 2-8 x 42 illuminated # 60 Duralyte (when it is off it is the same as the # 6.) she said she got it pretty cheap, somewhere around 1300 dollars from memory.

She really likes it but I have not seen it yet. Should be worth a look as I know she is pretty picky about the scopes she uses

Scotty, Breakfast was my pleasure, your welcome LOL

Aleena, for heaven's sake, don't tell him!

I have been wondering about the Duralyte's. Just nobody in Blight Washington has one or has seen one.

Charlie,

Aleena is obviously a woman of distinction, recognising quality when she encounters it. She has only stated the obvious. :grin:

Read a review from Barsness on the Leica and he just ooh's and ahh's over it. Then read on 24hr a post by Doug of CameraLandNY who does likewise, calling the Leica the best optics he's ever seen in a rifle scope.

Add in Barsness put one on a sub-8lb 338WM he calls "Mr. Miserable" and said it had no issues with the recoil of 250gr loads, well, sounds like the Leica is a good optic for sure.

Hmmm....

Glad to hear it. Usually Zeiss doesn't do bad stuff and this is in the medium range pricewise (VX-6 range). I just need to find one to look at and evaluate.

tddeangelo":33ixoc20 said:
Read a review from Barsness on the Leica and he just ooh's and ahh's over it. Then read on 24hr a post by Doug of CameraLandNY who does likewise, calling the Leica the best optics he's ever seen in a rifle scope.

Add in Barsness put one on a sub-8lb 338WM he calls "Mr. Miserable" and said it had no issues with the recoil of 250gr loads, well, sounds like the Leica is a good optic for sure.

Hmmm....

I am going to ask for one for Fathers Day! Probably be lucky to get the Tasco!

I confess, Tom, I cannot tell a lie; I steered it back toward topic. Forgive me, for I have erred. :mrgreen:

Back