Shiloh Sharps 50 2 1/2”

I always wanted one of those, seeing your results on paper really has me thinking. Dang it. You are really doing some spectacular shooting. Well done.
Don, I am excited to get it on steel at longer ranges. I know a few, mainly the guys that helped me spec it out and teach me how to load for the big girl, that shoot them way out yonder. The goal would be to get that big gun up into the mountains for an elk, any elk.

It is really quite fun to shoot and I believe I am going to need another one in 45-110 pretty soon, cause, man, is one really ever enough? :cool:

Scotty,
How far do you plan/hope to shoot the big gun?
Very cool buddy.

JD338

That should make a solid ka-woump when you hit the gong.

JD338

Scratch my head trying to remember the name of the Trophy and the match that the military used to hold with England that they shot out to 1000yds with the Sharps and the Remington Rolling block rifles.
Not shore but Palma or Palmyra seems to stick in my mind.
Those rifles were fitted with false muzzles that they would load like a muzzle loader. The false muzzle was fitted before the rifling was cut so it would match up and engrave the rifling on the bullet when loaded through the muzzle the false muzzle was then removed before firing. This saved the muzzle from being damaged when loading the bullet.

Back